PDA

View Full Version : BattleStar Galactica 2003

ZrByte
16-12-2003, 21:58
Has anybody seen it yet?
http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/
Im not sure if/when it airs in the UK, but Ive just finished watching it and I would definatley recomend it to all of you.

The acting is top notch, especially for Sci-Fi (Not the channel, just in general), Ive found most Sci-Fi Recently to be very tacky with poor acting (Attack of the clones & Enterprise spring to mind).
This is very well done and In my opinion gives some insight to what a military starship would probably be like.

The CGI is amazing, some of these shots are absolutley fantastic, from what I hear the show is allready up for several awards for the CGI catagory alone and it only aired less than 1 week ago.

I was a bit worried about how good it would be with it beeing a Remake of a cult classic but it seems to me they cut out all the 'poop' from the original and kept all the best bits (Vipers :D )

Watch it, you wont be Disappointed ;)

Nor
16-12-2003, 22:03
Lets hope we get it soon here. Sky One will probably grab it. Not too keen on downloading episodes from the net, prefer it in nice quality on my big tv for good series.

Defiant
16-12-2003, 22:05
Lets hope we get it soon here. Sky One will probably grab it. Not too keen on downloading episodes from the net, prefer it in nice quality on my big tv for good series.

I've watched all the new Enterprise episodes on the dvd player off the net

ZrByte
16-12-2003, 22:11
I've watched all the new Enterprise episodes on the dvd player off the net

yup and this comes preformated so all you need to do is burn the movie files as a VCD/SVCD though this does require that Nor has a CD-R or DVDR to record them though.

philip.j.fry
16-12-2003, 22:15
Watch it, you wont be Disappointed ;)

I was...very. I wanted far more shots of the Cylons, the humanoid ones were a good idea but I'd much rather have seen more of the 'classic' centurions. More lengthy space battles would have been better, I wanted to see the basestars, and I wanted to see the Imperious Leader.

It was a good start but they could have done so much more with it, for 3 hours viewing it seemed that nothing much really happened.

By your command

ZrByte
16-12-2003, 22:20
I was...very. I wanted far more shots of the Cylons, the humanoid ones were a good idea but I'd much rather have seen more of the 'classic' centurions. More lengthy space battles would have been better, I wanted to see the basestars, and I wanted to see the Imperious Leader.

It was a good start but they could have done so much more with it, for 3 hours viewing it seemed that nothing much really happened.

By your command

While I agree about not seeing enough of the Centurions, what did you think of the new Design Centurions? (1000 times better than the Toaster style classic IMO)
You do see plenty of Basestars, so I dont see what your talking about there, unless you mean you wanted to see more.

Spilers..............

I think that the Humanoid Cylon Boxy is meant to be the new Imperious leader, based on the whole "By your command" at the end after Boxy Cylon Spoke.

philip.j.fry
16-12-2003, 22:31
While I agree about not seeing enough of the Centurions, what did you think of the new Design Centurions? (1000 times better than the Toaster style classic IMO)

They looked to be fairly good, the major problem was with their walking. I've just done a lot of research into robot/biped walking and it just didn't look right.

You do see plenty of Basestars, so I dont see what your talking about there, unless you mean you wanted to see more.

I can only think of a few times that you see them, the battle sequences seemed a little too short to me.

Spoilers..............

Possibly, but there's more than one of them. There was the allusion by the female cyclon to her God though, so we might see.

I did think it was a good start and would like to see them do more. Just as long as they don't end up on Earth in the year 2003 :D (Reading episode guides of the old series now).

Maggy
16-12-2003, 22:43
They looked to be fairly good, the major problem was with their walking. I've just done a lot of research into robot/biped walking and it just didn't look right.

I can only think of a few times that you see them, the battle sequences seemed a little too short to me.

Possibly, but there's more than one of them. There was the allusion by the female cyclon to her God though, so we might see.

I did think it was a good start and would like to see them do more. Just as long as they don't end up on Earth in the year 2003 :D (Reading episode guides of the old series now).

I'm not watching it.They turned my favourite character into a woman.Feck that!!!Starbuck a WOMAN?????get outa here. :p

Incog.

Defiant
16-12-2003, 22:47
yup and this comes preformated so all you need to do is burn the movie files as a VCD/SVCD though this does require that Nor has a CD-R or DVDR to record them though.

You I they were divx. I put the episodes onto one dvd and played them from that

philip.j.fry
16-12-2003, 22:50
I'm not watching it.They turned my favourite character into a woman.Feck that!!!Starbuck a WOMAN?????get outa here. :p

Incog.

Yep, and still chewing on a big fat cigar :)

Defiant
16-12-2003, 22:52
Yep, and still chewing on a big fat cigar :)

So he had the op after all lol

ZrByte
16-12-2003, 22:53

You know your Right, mines Xvid though, I thought it was an SVCD .Mpeg. I actually tried to get the Mpeg version first and it failed.

Yep, and still chewing on a big fat cigar

Notice that thing she Kept doing with her eyes during the Cubits game at the beggining, Just like the male actor who played Starbuck in the original done in the original movie.

Paul
16-12-2003, 23:16
You I they were ???? Can I have a pint of what you're drinking please :D

aliferste
20-12-2003, 21:32
Fantastic series.......I loved the original but it needed updating badly!!

I want to see some old cylons though....they were pretty scary !!