PDA

View Full Version : Next weeks Network work

uno
22-09-2006, 14:32
Looking at NTL's status page there is alot of planned work taking place next week alot more than normal.
The last time this much work was planned to take place was when the 10mb upgrades were taking place.
Can anybody confirm what work is taking place next week ? I dont think its for 1 to 2mb increase as my area and my sisters have been done seems to be more a national upgrade.

Stuart
22-09-2006, 14:37
The only work I see listed is for this week..

Paul K
22-09-2006, 14:40
As part of the ongoing project to maintain and upgrade our Broadband network, there is a requirement to carry out maintenance and upgrades on components which may result in a loss of service for the duration.

The following work will be taking place during the week commencing Monday 18th September

On the morning of Friday the 22nd September between midnight and 6 AM,

Network optimisation will result in a loss of service in the Nottingham and the surrounding areas.

The following work will be taking place during the week commencing Monday 25th September.

On the morning of Monday the 25th September between midnight and 6 AM,

NTL Broadband Internet customers will be unable to complete registration, or make changes to their account

On the morning of Tuesday the 26th September between midnight and 6 AM,

Network updates will result in a brief loss of service in Baguely, Brentford, Greenford, Lambeth, Leicester, Lewisham, Northampton, Waltham Park and the surrounding areas.

Network optimisation will result in a loss of service in Belfast, Ipswich, Guilford, Leeds, Peterborough, Nottingham, Northfield, Mapperly, Reading, Southampton, Swindon and the surrounding areas.

Network rebalancing across the country will result in a brief loss of service for all customers.

Updates to the Ntlworld homepage will result in a brief loss of the ntlworld homepage for all customers.

On the morning of Wednesday the 27th September between midnight and 6 AM,

Network optimisation will result in a loss of service in the Aylesbury, Baguely, Birmingham, Brighton, Cambridge, Leeds, Leicester, Lewisham, Nothampton, Peterborough, Poplar, Southampton, Swindon, Waltham Park and the surrounding areas.

Network updates will result in a loss of service in Aldershot, Fleet, Guilford, Hatfield, Newport, Northfields, Reading, Treforest, Woking and the surrounding areas.

On the morning of Thursday the 28th September between midnight and 6 AM,

Network optimisation will result in a loss of service in Hecmondwike, Hinckley, Leicester, Lewisham, Lichfield, Manchester, Northampton, Poole, Swindon, Waltham Park and surrounding areas.

We apologise for any inconvenience that these planned works may cause.
;)

Bill C
22-09-2006, 15:05
;)

To be honest that does not look that big. I can see some database upgrades and the normal run of the mill work that is always going on.

Paul K
22-09-2006, 15:15
Been about the same for the last 2-3 weeks that I have seen the status page for. Wonder when they will get round to our area, browsing and speeds have been terrible lately :(

Stuart
22-09-2006, 15:33
;)

:p

Actually, I agree, that is about the normal amount of upgrading NTL do. Seems like keeping their network up to date is a little like painting the Forth bridge. When you have finished the last bit, the first bit you did needs upgrading again.

uno
22-09-2006, 19:08
Well there is lots of work going on in my area Leicester perhapps some new ubrs or fibres hopefully to ease te lack of speed

bringerofnoise
22-09-2006, 20:25
just been to father in laws and it says 2 meg on the bill, but i noticed he was getting 1 meg rang em up and they confirmed that they still need to upgrade his area (long eaton).

this aint a rant this is just confirming that the upgrades could still be for 1>2 meg upgrades

Zee
22-09-2006, 20:36
It was more full then that last week and the week before.

They have finished doing my area, after it being on the status page for 3 weeks, still no change in speed.

I know what the problem is now though, thanks to someone very helpful on this forum who works for ntl - thanks a lot to them, they know who they are :D

SLM
22-09-2006, 21:18
Is there anyone to work on the network now they have had a cull