PDA

View Full Version : SOCOM on 128kbps!

thejabba5050
16-12-2003, 19:35
Hi,

I have been running my SOCOM on a 600kbps connection via a router and have at absolutely no troubles, but my friend is connected directly from cable modem to Playstation2 and uses the 128kbps and has problems connecting now.

It was working absolutely fine on 128kbps, with no lag, and headset channels available, but now it won't connect online at all. I have checekd the cable and it works fine, I have also tried putting this through a PC and it works fine, I have unplugged the cable modem for an hour lost that MAC address, but the thing still refuses to work!

I know NTL had these rules of people playing without the NTL games package as against terms and conditions or something, but have they now stopped access for people on 128kbps to access on a playstation, blocked the ports?

sniper
17-12-2003, 00:32
Hi,

I have been running my SOCOM on a 600kbps connection via a router and have at absolutely no troubles, but my friend is connected directly from cable modem to Playstation2 and uses the 128kbps and has problems connecting now.

It was working absolutely fine on 128kbps, with no lag, and headset channels available, but now it won't connect online at all. I have checekd the cable and it works fine, I have also tried putting this through a PC and it works fine, I have unplugged the cable modem for an hour lost that MAC address, but the thing still refuses to work!

I know NTL had these rules of people playing without the NTL games package as against terms and conditions or something, but have they now stopped access for people on 128kbps to access on a playstation, blocked the ports?

rumours have it that zapper/sony are blocking slower connections than 512kb because of the lag, trust me if your m8 became host on that connection or people from europe joined the group there would be tonnes of problems.

(Like no comms, disconnections and map hopping)

trust me i play socom alot and i've seen it happen.

thejabba5050
18-12-2003, 17:19
Yeah, it makes sense of SONY to do I suppose. He has always been on 150kbps and i played against him without him having lag and he had comms which is cool, but yeah, looks like its all been narrowed down and its time he gets 600kbps!!!

Thanks for the information!