PDA

View Full Version : *Smile* the online crap bank...IMHO

aliferste
16-12-2003, 16:56
Applied for a "Smile" online credit card and student account around 2 weeks ago.....They said they would give me a reply within 2 days whether i would get it or not .....kept on checking back....still no answer.
I wanted to transfer the balance of my current credit card to them ....to benefit the no interest for the six months....every credit card is doing this just now by the way!
Anyway, i mailed them 2 days ago as i thought they were taking a bit long and it turns out that as they have taken so long (the guy told me it was their mistake) i would not be able to take advantage of their deal as it ends on Friday. There is no way i will be able to get to one of their banks...I have to fax stuff from a coop bank seemingly...not just any old fax..to get my details to them.

SMILE = CRAP

:afire:

Avoid!!

Gogogo
16-12-2003, 17:11
Applied for a "Smile" online credit card and student account around 2 weeks ago.....They said they would give me a reply within 2 days whether i would get it or not .....kept on checking back....still no answer.
I wanted to transfer the balance of my current credit card to them ....to benefit the no interest for the six months....every credit card is doing this just now by the way! Anyway, i mailed them 2 days ago as i thought they were taking a bit long and it turns out that as they have taken so long (the guy told me it was their mistake) i would not be able to take advantage of their deal as it ends on Friday. There is no way i will be able to get to one of their banks...I have to fax stuff from a coop bank seemingly...not just any old fax..to get my details to them. SMILE = CRAP :afire: Avoid!!

Just a suggestion, the Co-op Bank have links with cooperative stores all over the UK, years ago I was a Co-op Bank customer, for a long time, you may find if you go to your local co-op store they may be able to help you. I'm sure in Glasgow you should be able to find one and your problem may be solved the Smile people ought to have told you this was possible.

If you still want that card give it a try.

aliferste
16-12-2003, 17:23
They said i would have to go into the Town to fax it....to be honest i just ont have the time. if they had dealt with my application within the time that they said they would then everything would have been fine...but unfortunetly they did not.

When i told the guy on the phone i could get the same deal elsewhere he agreed.......Pointless!

I decided to send another mail to complain and the guy emailed me back saying that it was my fault that i wouldnt have it in on time.........even though the other said it was a strange hold up THEIR end!!

He then gave me the phone number to CANCEL my account application. The damn cheek!!

Looks to me like they are delibretly holding up the application so they can rake it in at my expense!!

Iether that or they dont want any new customers as they are trying their hardest to stop people joining !