PDA

View Full Version : Phone charges

supered
18-09-2006, 13:04
I received a letter this morning about changes to ntl's call charges,

I quote;

".....you'll pay 3p per minute no matter what time of day you dial and this includes cable-to-cable calls."

This is outside any "unlimited" tariffs, what I want to know is, does this mean my phone calls to another local ntl phone after 6pm for a 5p connection charge will now be charged at 3p per minute as the "including cable to cable calls" would imply this.

Bill C
18-09-2006, 13:08
I received a letter this morning about changes to ntl's call charges,

I quote;

".....you'll pay 3p per minute no matter what time of day you dial and this includes cable-to-cable calls."

This is outside any "unlimited" tariffs, what I want to know is, does this mean my phone calls to another local ntl phone after 6pm for a 5p connection charge will now be charged at 3p per minute as the "including cable to cable calls" would imply this.

I think what they mean is that any call that falls outside of the unlimited calls package is now chargeable at 3.00p. And is aimed at those that are NOT on a unlimited calls package .

supered
18-09-2006, 13:13
I think what they mean is that any call that falls outside of the unlimited calls package is now chargeable at 3.00p. And is aimed at those that are NOT on a unlimited calls package .

I agree, it seems the present 5p connection to a local ntl phone is going to be withdrawn.

JediMaster
19-09-2006, 09:27
I have the £5 (Local Calls after 6pm & Weekends) tarif. Will this be Stoped??

I looked on NTL website & they now changed the Tarifs & its £16.50 for after 6pm calls & weekends (Local & National) :disturbd:

Any ideas?

bob_a_builder
19-09-2006, 13:31
just had a call from NTL saying would I like to pay less for my phone rental, was paying £11.50 in total IIRC
Said I could pay £6 less, normally very sceptical of such calls offering something for nothing, but went along with it
Just have to see what the bill is in future.
Why call me to offer it ? - v.lucky I just happend to be at home that day.

Its not as if I was actively looking for reduction,but of course will take it if offered

Have I missed any hidden agenda/strings which I'll regret later

Edit: Checking the NTL website : I suspect I have been 'mis-sold' the Talk Unlimited pack under the guise of reducing my line rental, How ?
I don't know, but that was the specific claim made
Now I think it was just someone bumping their commision by mis selling
Anyone here who can check my current NTL phone line status/package if I pm some details
Edit2: Just checked by phone: still on Line Rental only, ( £11) so not sure what the phone call was all about now ?
wish I'd recorded it

Shaun
19-09-2006, 13:36
I have the £5 (Local Calls after 6pm & Weekends) tarif. Will this be Stoped??

I looked on NTL website & they now changed the Tarifs & its £16.50 for after 6pm calls & weekends (Local & National) :disturbd:

Any ideas?

£6 plus the £11.50 phone line charge?

JediMaster
20-09-2006, 09:43
£6 plus the £11.50 phone line charge?

Doh... I thought it was £16.50 EXTRA :dunce:

I was on Local Calls (after 6pm & All Weekends)... Now its £1 more & its National Calls :D

Talk Unlimited

£16.50 per month
Unlimited UK National and local calls every evening and weekend.

Shaun
20-09-2006, 14:56
Talk Unlimited

£16.50 per month
Unlimited UK National and local calls every evening and weekend.

Yet Vonage do the same for £7.99 a month!:erm: If I was with Ntl I'd be seriously looking at dumping the Ntl phone line :(

scoobydoo[uk]
22-09-2006, 11:29
Yet Vonage do the same for £7.99 a month!:erm: If I was with Ntl I'd be seriously looking at dumping the Ntl phone line :(

Im doing exactly the same, keeping my line because i need it for incoming calls but all calls i now make are via skype at 1p per min.
Looks like they are trying to get everyone onto a unlimited package which is useless if you dont make that many calls.

Colli
23-09-2006, 18:29
I'm a very low phone user, in fact the highest bill has been £15.40 and that includes international calls. I'm currently on the basic 321 tarrif, now they want basically 333 or take out a call plan which with my usage will no doubt cost me more. I'm not happy.

Same here. I feel highly aggrieved that occasional users are being penalised by what is essentially a price increase for low usage.:mad:

lostandconfused
24-09-2006, 04:42
talk weekend is still a free unlimited talk plan for the low user though

Shaun
24-09-2006, 13:35
But what if you don't make your calls at weekends? It's still a big increase for those that don't use the phone much.

I still stick by my recommendation for Vonage - cancel the Ntl line (and save an instant £11.50) and then get a VOIP service like Vonage for ~£7.99 a month with free national/local calls at all times and save an additional bundle!

JediMaster
25-09-2006, 10:00
But what if you don't make your calls at weekends? It's still a big increase for those that don't use the phone much.

I still stick by my recommendation for Vonage - cancel the Ntl line (and save an instant £11.50) and then get a VOIP service like Vonage for ~£7.99 a month with free national/local calls at all times and save an additional bundle!

I'd loose my FREE TV bundle (Analouge) as my house cant get Freeview as we are not in a goot TV signal area... So I'd loose TV :disturbd:

If NTL Broadband went offline for work upgrades or faults, I'd have no Phone for In/Out calls :disturbd: