PDA

View Full Version : help with setting email up

m0fcg1
16-12-2003, 12:53
hi i run windows xp and have probs with this comming up below
could any body tell me how to send/recieve mail in out look express
as it comes up with this error.
mike :D [FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][B]

The host 'pop.ntlworld.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Neil
16-12-2003, 12:56
Mail address= user.name@ntlworld.com

Outgoing Mail Server address smtp.ntlworld.com

Incoming Mail Server address pop.ntlworld.com

paulyoung666
16-12-2003, 12:57
hi i run windows xp and have probs with this comming up below
could any body tell me how to send/recieve mail in out look express
as it comes up with this error.
mike :D [FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][B]

The host 'pop.ntlworld.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

hi and :welcome: to the site , has this just started happening or has it been there from the beginning ??????????

have a look in the servers tab of your mail account , you should have pop.ntlworld.com and then smtp.ntlworld.com

Nemesis
16-12-2003, 12:58
hi and :welcome: to the site , has this just started happening or has it been there from the beginning ??????????
In addition ... are you running a firewall ?

Paul K
16-12-2003, 12:58
outgoing server should be smtp.ntlworld.com
incoming is pop.ntlworld.com
after that verify your account name and password and make sure you are not dialing a connection.

Neil
16-12-2003, 13:01
Sorry-Welcome to nthw. :wavey:

paulyoung666
16-12-2003, 13:01
username is your e-mail addy without the ntlworld.com bit , and your password you should find on your welcome letter :)

paulyoung666
16-12-2003, 13:02
Sorry-Welcome to nthw. :wavey:

too late i beat you to it :naughty: :D :D :D :D

Sociable
16-12-2003, 13:18
One last thing some miss (or rather don't miss but should do) is the "Log on using secure authentication" box as this should NOT be checked when setting up NTL mail account.

The secure log on is only required for setting up accounts like hotmail in outlook/outlook express.

N.B. Also remember that passwords are case sensitive so it is easy to miss the caps lock key being on when typing or re-typing the password as all you see is ***********. :)

Nemesis
16-12-2003, 13:20
N.B. Also remember that passwords are case sensitive so it is easy to miss the caps lock key being on when typing or re-typing the password as all you see is ***********. :)
Unless you use Revelation V2 from www.snadboy.com (http://www.snadboy.com) ;)

Sociable
16-12-2003, 13:33
Unless you use Revelation V2 from www.snadboy.com (http://www.snadboy.com) ;)

shhhhhhhhhhhh. the kids may be watching :)