PDA

View Full Version : how quickly could i get broadband?

dragon
16-09-2006, 16:03
I'm moving out of parents place soon, not sure which isp we are going to use (moving in with mates)

Now i know there is an NTL cable going into the house as there used to be be NTL broadband/tv in the house before.

Anyway if i was to go with NTL for BB how long would it take them to install service? as the cabling.etc is already there all theyd have to do is come along and plug a modem in and test.etc

Also don't know if previous service was cancelled or disconnected for non payment (but the person who previously held the account has moved out, and taken the BB modem with them it seems :Yikes: )

Marge
16-09-2006, 16:17
tbh it's like asking how longs a piece of string, why not ring the sales dept and see what the lead times are like ;)

dragon
16-09-2006, 16:23
tbh it's like asking how longs a piece of string, why not ring the sales dept and see what the lead times are like ;)

i might just do that.

spose really depends how busy the install engineers are!

I'm not sure which ISP we are going for and tbh i don't care i just want broadband put in there asap ;)

Ntl would probably be alright, its only down the road from my parents house and my dad has 4mbit NTL and i can usally get the full 4mbit if i did get NTL id would probably be the 4 or 10mbit

(apart from the router having a bit of a disagreement with ntls proxies < sometimes refuses to route http traffic unless u reboot it or specify a proxy on the pcs :Yikes: )

jibbs
17-09-2006, 16:15
When I called to order NTL broadband the guy came the next day to install it :)

If only BT could do things that quickly...

Paul K
17-09-2006, 16:18
I know someone who BT bought forward the install date for when he mentioned that he already had an ADSL modem ;) Took over a week off the install date during a busy time of year for them. All depends on the current workload and situation for any ISP :)