PDA

View Full Version : Blueyonder CD

dphillipsd
16-09-2006, 11:05
Hi All,

Yesterday I had telewest broadband installed in the apartment I am renting whilst at university, and as part of that process was told that it was necessary to install the provided blueyonder CD. I duly completed this and accessed the internet without any hassle.

However, later that day I began to experience some problems with my PC and begun uninstalling the programms I had installed at the days beginning and as a result uninstalled blueyonder. My question now is whether or not I need to reinstall the blueyonder CD in order to continue access telewest broadband - I am not able to determine this until Thursday as I am at home until term begins.

I very much look forward to any help/advice you can provide.

Best,

Dave

Druchii
16-09-2006, 12:22
Hi All,

Yesterday I had telewest broadband installed in the apartment I am renting whilst at university, and as part of that process was told that it was necessary to install the provided blueyonder CD. I duly completed this and accessed the internet without any hassle.

However, later that day I began to experience some problems with my PC and begun uninstalling the programms I had installed at the days beginning and as a result uninstalled blueyonder. My question now is whether or not I need to reinstall the blueyonder CD in order to continue access telewest broadband - I am not able to determine this until Thursday as I am at home until term begins.

I very much look forward to any help/advice you can provide.

Best,

Dave
Did you connect via USB or Ethernet?

Vis USB you need the drivers for the modem to work, via Ethernet everything will be just fine wihout the software or any drivers supplies by Telewest.

dphillipsd
16-09-2006, 18:38
Thanks for the response.

I connected via an ethernet cable; in that case what is the purpose of the CD if I do not require it when using ethernet?

Druchii
16-09-2006, 18:40
I think the CD contains some free antivirus software, which, quite frankly is crap.

Glad you chose Ethernet though, nothing required to make it talk to the modem correctly.

DaveC
05-10-2006, 20:41
Don't know if you can answer this question under this thread, but I'll give it a go. I bought a secondhand computer off ebay to replace my old one, and now that it has arrived I've noticed that it loads blueyonder when it starts up. What exactly is this program, it appears to be antivirus/firewall etc although nothing is enabled and it is asking for a blueyonder email address and password when I try to enable anything.

The computer came from someone in Whitley Bay - is that in telewest's area?
I'm on NTL in LE7, will this program work with my connection? Is it worth keeping or should I download another similar free program?

SnoopZ
05-10-2006, 21:07
Don't know if you can answer this question under this thread, but I'll give it a go. I bought a secondhand computer off ebay to replace my old one, and now that it has arrived I've noticed that it loads blueyonder when it starts up. What exactly is this program, it appears to be antivirus/firewall etc although nothing is enabled and it is asking for a blueyonder email address and password when I try to enable anything.

The computer came from someone in Whitley Bay - is that in telewest's area?
I'm on NTL in LE7, will this program work with my connection? Is it worth keeping or should I download another similar free program?

Remove it from add/remove programs. To be honest i'd use a fresh install of the HDD anyway as you never know what crap the other person has got on there.