16-12-2003, 10:11
ARe NTL going to be showing VH2. I think it starts transmiotting today

Bigtone
16-12-2003, 10:33
If it is its not on my STB just looked.

:shrug:

The Diplomat
16-12-2003, 10:35
According to the ads, and the VH1 website, it is only available on sky channel 446 atm starting at 1100 am today.

I guess it may follow on cable later. :shrug:

Bigtone
16-12-2003, 10:38
According to the ads, and the VH1 website, it is only available on sky channel 446 atm starting at 1100 am today.

I guess it may follow on cable later. :shrug:

"Coming soon" then? :smokin:

Mick
16-12-2003, 10:43
I suppose its up to Sky as and when they allow ntl to have this channel broadcasting.

bigitup_j
16-12-2003, 10:49
vh1 is not part of sky, it's mtv. and mtv hate sky, and threatened to pull all their channels out of sky digital and have them only on cable!
seems that ntl must think that is won't be popular...just like the travel channel and live tv. people want them, but ntl don't do anything!

Mick
16-12-2003, 11:01
vh1 is not part of sky, it's mtv. and mtv hate sky, and threatened to pull all their channels out of sky digital and have them only on cable!
seems that ntl must think that is won't be popular...just like the travel channel and live tv. people want them, but ntl don't do anything!

I think if MTV dropped its channels from Sky the audience levels would drop significantly, thats a serious threat by MTV.

I hazard a guess that VH2 will be with ntl at some point hopefully, its just a question of when? :cool:

quadplay
16-12-2003, 11:47

But Telewest don't have the channel either, if it's Sky only! Sorry, but this is one time when I don't think you can really blame ntl; when a new channel launches, it's up to the channel to request carriage. I'm sure it'll come in time, but only when MTV Networks thinks it's worth it.

gary_580
16-12-2003, 20:36
But Telewest don't have the channel either, if it's Sky only! Sorry, but this is one time when I don't think you can really blame ntl; when a new channel launches, it's up to the channel to request carriage. I'm sure it'll come in time, but only when MTV Networks thinks it's worth it.

How do you know that they haven't requestedthat NTL carry it?

huxleypiguk
16-12-2003, 21:24
ntl: have a habit of waiting to see if channels survive their early days and then take them up. On the old analogue we lost loads of stuff in a short space of time, and they seem a bit cautious these days.

But we get them in the end.....

Maggy
16-12-2003, 22:55
Hang on!I swear my husband made me watch it on Sunday.They were showing the Siss Spacek film Coal Miners Daughter about the life of Loretta Lynne.Bluddy awful it was too and some country and western music should never be written let alone played.It was like swallowing a thousand jars of honey all at once.

I swear it was VH2.

Incog.

The Diplomat
16-12-2003, 23:05
Hang on!I swear my husband made me watch it on Sunday.They were showing the Siss Spacek film Coal Miners Daughter about the life of Loretta Lynne.Bluddy awful it was too and some country and western music should never be written let alone played.It was like swallowing a thousand jars of honey all at once.

I swear it was VH2.

Incog.

That sounds like a UK Living type of film lol

RamJet
17-12-2003, 19:54
Hi

Been looking for VH-2 and can't seem to find it ?

Anyone know what the Channel Number is ?

trentsteel
17-12-2003, 20:11
not on ntl yet, hopefully will be soon enough though

RamJet
17-12-2003, 20:16
not on ntl yet, hopefully will be soon enough though
Roger that - but who can we - the paying consumers - contact to ask for Channels ->

Is it MTV ?

Is it NTL ?

Is it whoever ?

What are their e:mails for Channel requests

*or* are they not interested in what the paying customer wants ?

Ramjet

asdf
17-12-2003, 20:18
SamB on the old forums used to be the girl to talk to. Don't think she posts here :/

You can email both ntl and MTV. Depends whether the channel takes off as to whether it will hit ntl and telewest lineups as most new channels pay for just carriage on Sky first and then roll out to the cable platforms afterwards :).

HTH.

asdf
17-12-2003, 20:19
BTW. Welcome to nthellworld :)

Tristan
17-12-2003, 20:21
As I suspect you know, VH2 isn't on NTL, so you won't be able to find it.

Personally, I have little doubt that the channel will appear on NTL at some point in the future. Don't forget that we're now into (or approaching) Christmas lockdown, so nothing will be done bar essential maintenance until January, in case it screws up and people lose their TV service over the most important time of the year.

Also, can I ask why it is that for every single channel launch, there are always about 200 people say "why isn't this on NTL/when is it coming/this is simply not acceptable". Haven't people learned by now that these things are just far easier on sattelite, due to the nature of the platform. Unless the broadcaster makes a concerted effort to be on all platforms at the same time (like E4 did), then it will always be satellite first. After all, that's where NTL (and Telewest) get most of their pictures from!

Just have a little patience. The channel will appear if MTV want it to: will all the addition over the last 12 months, there's no reason in the world to assume that NTL don't want it.

Sam B
19-12-2003, 11:01
Hi Guys

I'm around on this forum as well. I keep an eye on channel requests that are made through here, and the requests for VH2 have been noted. I don't have any information for you at this time about a launch on ntl, but when I do I'll come back and let you know.

Cheers
Sam

Neil
19-12-2003, 11:05
Hi Guys

I'm around on this forum as well. I keep an eye on channel requests that are made through here, and the requests for VH2 have been noted. I don't have any information for you at this time about a launch on ntl, but when I do I'll come back and let you know.

Cheers
Sam

Hi Sam-good to see you here (for those of you that don't know, Sam is the resident NTHW DTV Goddess!)

Welcome to nthw Sam! :D

dieselking
19-12-2003, 15:29
Hi Guys

Cheers
Sam

Cheers, :wavey: I hope we do get VH2 on ntl soon :):)