PDA

View Full Version : Totally Incompetant

cyrus the great
15-09-2006, 11:33
6 months ago I was going to leave NTL for a broadband and unlimited calls package and at the time I only had broadband with NTL. I was put through to retention who offered me a discount on the Talk unlimited phone package and braodband at a reduced rate, so I accepted. When I got my 3rd bill I was being charged full price so i rang them up and they said the agent had left and forgotten to re apply the offer so they did it. Next bill i noticed some phone charges and called them up and they applied a £6.50 credit to a £15.40 phone bill.
Today i get a letter saying about a failed Direct debit for £15.40. So i ring up AGAIN and ask about the call charges and direct debit not working and I am told that No credit had been given and no direct debit has been set up and then he proceeded to tell me that I was not due the £6.50 and they would need payment. I was also informed that I was in a 12 month contract for the phone so I could not cancel without penalty( Iwas never informed of this when I was offered by retentions). What a complete bunch of incompetants they are. Without a doubt as soon as I can get a BT line back NTL will be completely gone this is the thanks for 7-8 yrs of custom. Just as a side note does the 12 month contract run even if I reconnected as I was a NTL phone customer for a couple of yrs about 3 yrs ago?

Wicked_and_Crazy
15-09-2006, 13:58
Funny title when its spelt wrong!!

Peil
15-09-2006, 15:39
The 12 month tie will kick in as you wil have established a new contract of service.

Your previous contract would have stopped when you broke service, and as such you will have been regarded as setting up a new contractual relationship with NTL I'm afraid.

trebor
15-09-2006, 16:53
that does suck, sounds just like NTL to me, dump em and run. Lets see how many responses you get with a surprised feel to them