PDA

View Full Version : Video Recording

testcard
15-12-2003, 21:06
I can't seem to record from my set box.
A video will play through the the tv with no problem but other than that I get a blue screen.

testcard
15-12-2003, 21:24
I can't record anything. I'm using standard leads-
Stb to video
video to tv.
Scart leads just freeze with static

Sociable
15-12-2003, 21:27
Easiest way to check the video is getting a correct signal is to tune the tv into the video player output.

To avoid confusion it makes sense to play a video while you check the signal from the video first as otherwise you may not be tuning into the video itself but another channel showing the same program you "Think" should be comming from the video.

Once you can see the video playing on the TV while still tuned into the video on the TV, swap to the input from the set top box via the video and change the set top channels to make sure you see the programs changing.

Once you can see that everything should be set to record whatever channel is on the set top box as long as the video is tuned into that as the input.

Hope this makes sense it's been a long day LOL

Sociable
15-12-2003, 21:32
Just a thought, as skart is giving problems, it could be that the Video is set to a channel too close to one used by the set top box and may need to be moved to a different one so the TV can pick it up correctly.
(Check your video manual for info on how to reset that)

testcard
15-12-2003, 21:52
Cheers
working on it