PDA

View Full Version : My left foot

SOSAGES
11-09-2006, 12:38
Hi,

for as long as i remember my left foot (ankle/top of the foot) always feels a bit strange when i lie down, anyone have any ideas whats wrong with me!

it dosnt hurt it just feels strange for a while i notice it every night when i go to sleep and after a while ignore it.
i sometimes notice it during the day at work when im sitting down but not often.

its hard to decribe it its like a small bit of pressure inside my foot.

any ideas from forum doctors?

Paul K
11-09-2006, 12:40
Have you had the circulation checked or seen a doctor?

Wicked_and_Crazy
11-09-2006, 12:53
cuffs too tight ;)

Salu
11-09-2006, 12:55
The foot is finely balanced and even small changes can cause pain or inflammation easily. It could be poor fitting shoes or arthritis or a previous sprain or something else. It would need to be examined and questions asked about your age, weight, back and knee problems etc...

If it's not getting better or worse and has happened over a length of time then it could point to something that you are wearing or doing but you need that examination!

Ramrod
11-09-2006, 13:26
Yup, examination required before any sort of tentative diagnosis can be attempted.

timewarrior2001
11-09-2006, 13:40
its gangrene, go get your foot chopped off immediatly :D

Seriously though you need to get it checked out. I've just had a 22 year old brother in law be told his AOrta is so clogged had he left it another few months he may well have had a fatal heart attack.

His symptoms were pressure and numbness down his left side.

Phone NHS direct if you dont want to "waste" your GP's time.

But I'd be happier for you to waste his time and be OK then to ignore it and have complications.

basa
11-09-2006, 14:51
its gangrene, go get your foot chopped off immediatly :D

Seriously though you need to get it checked out. I've just had a 22 year old brother in law be told his AOrta is so clogged had he left it another few months he may well have had a fatal heart attack.

His symptoms were pressure and numbness down his left side.

Phone NHS direct if you dont want to "waste" your GP's time.

But I'd be happier for you to waste his time and be OK then to ignore it and have complications.

Wow !! Bit of a quantum jump in diagnostics TW !! :erm:

Strange feeling in your ankle = in line for a major MI !! :rolleyes:

SOSAGES probably had a heart attack just reading that !! :D

nffc
11-09-2006, 22:32
Don't even start on feet, mine are so trashed that if i leave them to suspend freely, then they sit outward with the edge by the little toe lower down than the big toe - but that happens sometimes when i'm running or something so it kind of lands on the outside of the foot. (ouch)

And typing this now i have my feet up and the ligaments or whatever they are on top /front of the ankle kill and have done all night. :S that and random aches across mainly the left (i'm left footed) and about half way up both shins (especially if I sit on my leg at work) - ouch II.

timewarrior2001
11-09-2006, 22:34
Wow !! Bit of a quantum jump in diagnostics TW !! :erm:

Strange feeling in your ankle = in line for a major MI !! :rolleyes:

SOSAGES probably had a heart attack just reading that !! :D

my poin t was that the 22 year old kept syaing oh its nothing.......and it could have easily cost him his life.