PDA

View Full Version : Getting a free SACM?

dragon
10-09-2006, 23:24
I have a friend whos on NTL 1mbit BB though a pace STB and they frequently have problems with their connection. (they've had several engineer visits and they are still having problems)

Would switching to a Sacm Help, and is there a way to get a Sacm without paying NTL £50?

Would a call to retentions do it perhaps :erm:

maverick
10-09-2006, 23:41
All 1 mb connections are being upgraded for free to 2mb,not sure if your friends area has been upgraded yet.
The Pace STB is not capable of supporting a 2mb connection,in this case your friend will get a free install and swap to a stand alone cable modem.
I would advise to contact customer services and they will arrange a swap.

KevAmiga
12-09-2006, 21:03
Personally i prefer the SACM, but the PACE stb should provide a stable 1mb connection. Make sure the box isnt over heating, lack of ventalation makes those boxes go nuts.

neo123
13-09-2006, 01:25
The NTL tech that installed my digital TV (only just switched from analog), said that the STB is better than the SACM's.. I couldn't get the arguement across to him that it isnt, and the modem handles higher speeds. Just goes to show some of the people that let NTL down...

Begize
13-09-2006, 07:56
I got loads of problems with my old Pace 1000 STB when I was "stressing" the cable modem in it (i.e. downloading on one PC whilst another tried to browse the net and someone watched TV). It would randomly freeze, usually just after I went to work meaning that the stuff I had hoped would have downloaded by the time I got home never did.

After many calls to CS and two visits from engineers which said there was nothing wrong with it, the lockups continued and I kicked off. I was really just hoping they would up replace the STB but they agreed to install a SACM.

Unfortunately that fixed the net, but the box continued to lockup and after a replacement Pace I finally got a Samsung and the best of both worlds!