PDA

View Full Version : SMC usb/ethernet adaptor

notaclue
09-09-2006, 15:29
Hi there,
at the moment i connect to broadband via a STB,ethernet cable then a blue smc ethernet/usb adapter.Is it possible to connect without this adapter? Iv'e tried but get no connection without it, would it make any difference to my connection?
Many thanks for any advice

maverick
09-09-2006, 16:01
Yes this can be done,I assume your connecting ethernet directly.

Once you have removed the adapter,reboot the stb then reboot your pc,you should pick up an ip address starting 10 ,open your browser and direct it to start.ntl it should load an ntl provisioning screen enter pid number and password,it will ask to register another connection name,enter a different one than you did before.Continue on untill you get to a successfully added screen,close the browser window,reboot stb and then pc and you should be able to browse.

notaclue
11-09-2006, 12:52
Thanks for the advice,will get on the case tonight

KevAmiga
12-09-2006, 21:01
Another thing, when you reboot the set top box, leave it off for about 2 mins. Makes a big difference.

Also, if you cant get start.ntl to work when you have a 10x IP, try :

One of them should work for you... and ...

If once provisioned you still get the "start to log in" screen, after a reboot try going into the control panel > Internet Options, clear temporary internet files and cookies, then also clear the Autocomplete data from under the "content" tab.

Hopefully will give a trouble free re-provision :D

Kev