PDA

View Full Version : From STB to SACM. Registration info.

aardvark
08-09-2006, 22:28
Tomorrow I'm expecting an ntl: engineer to install a Cable Modem for my broadband connection rather than the Samsung Set Top Box I currently use. So far, I've not received any written information (welcome letter,registration details) about it.

Will the engineer bring the necessary registration info with him/her? Or can I use the PID etc I currently have for the set top box?

Will I be able to register?

(If it makes any difference, I'm in an ex-CWC area)

maverick
08-09-2006, 23:08
The installer should give you a registration pin number,for a sacm you will need to set up a new account.
It will register you a new e.mail address,if you use ntlworld email with your stb I would advise to contact tech support once your sacm is up and running and ask them to migrate your stb email address onto your new sacm account.

bayonet
09-09-2006, 09:58
Hi aardvark

As maverick said you will need a PIN for cable modem reg and this should be 8 digits anything less than that and you've got the wrong number

Plug in the enet cable the engineer may use the white STB enet cable if so make sure you don't use the blue ENET to USB adapter just plug the ENET cable in to PC and modem then turn the modem on. Make sure SYNC and READY lights go solid green before the engineer leaves.

Use the autoreg IP address 80.5.178.26 via Internet Explorer this will avoid the install CD setting up the new email in Outlook Express.

You can carry on using the original STB email as OE doesn't know if you're using a STB or cable modem

Make sure the serial number is lower case ntl-ct8-cj486 and the surname has to be in the same case as on your welcome letter. It will create a new email but just make a note of it and the password just in case

Make sure your firewall is off when you reg

At the end of registration you will get a message about restarting the cable modem the lights will go off and come back on this is normal when SYNC and Ready stop flashing restart your PC and you should then be able to use the web and email via your new cable modem connection

Hope this helps

sstainer
09-09-2006, 12:14
and if you do need a pin number then go ask Customer services etc

aardvark
09-09-2006, 14:07
Thanks to all.

SACM now up and running with no registration problems at all.

:)