PDA

View Full Version : Music criticism required

Theodoric
14-12-2003, 21:34
As part of the Xmas ritual, I have been given a list of CDs by my younger relatives that they want for Xmas. This year it consists of:

Lemar - Dedicated
Jay Z - Hard Knock Life
Eminem - The Eminem Show
Dido - Life for Rent

So, what does this say about the taste of my younger relatives. (Feel free to insult their taste, by all means. :) )

PS to show my complete ignorance in this field, to me Dido means Queen Dido of Carthage who killed herself when she was abandoned by Aeneas, the Trojan hero. OK, I'd be willing to go as far as the opera Dido and Aeneas by Henry Purcell.

Paul K
14-12-2003, 21:36
Dido? Excellent album for when you want to chill.
Eminem. Love that album.
Jay Z? Good tracks.
Lemar? Oh well...... ;)

Colin
15-12-2003, 10:01
Dido? Excellent album for when you want to chill.
Eminem. Love that album.
Jay Z? Good tracks.
Lemar? Oh well...... ;)

does it show you're getting old when you have only heard of two of them??

kronas
15-12-2003, 10:06
Lemar - Dedicated - who ?
Jay Z - Hard Knock Life - dont like his style
Eminem - The Eminem Show - occasionally good
Dido - Life for Rent - only liked one song of hers and that was a collaboration with eminem

im quite selective of what i hear its quality that counts for me not just some random electronic music or a thumping beat :smokin:

iadom
15-12-2003, 10:41
Lemar - Dedicated - who ?
Jay Z - Hard Knock Life - dont like his style
Eminem - The Eminem Show - occasionally good
Dido - Life for Rent - only liked one song of hers and that was a collaboration with eminem

im quite selective of what i hear its quality that counts for me not just some random electronic music or a thumping beat :smokin:Got the Dido album myself. Excellent apart from it having, "Copy Control" on it. Is there any way that this CD can be copied using my CD/RW?

kronas
15-12-2003, 10:45
Got the Dido album myself. Excellent apart from it having, "Copy Control" on it. Is there any way that this CD can be copied using my CD/RW?

i actually think 'white flag' is ok 'life for rent' annoys me.........

i have used Easy CD-DA Extractor in the past on my cds to get them off the cd to mp3 i like to keep the originals in perfect condition (im clean) :p

http://www.poikosoft.com/

hope this helps

danielf
15-12-2003, 10:47
All I can say is that even if you don't like her music (a little too 'sweet' for my liking), Dido does have an absolutely amazing voice, and would be a good choice on that basis alone.

kronas
15-12-2003, 10:57
All I can say is that even if you don't like her music (a little too 'sweet' for my liking), Dido does have an absolutely amazing voice, and would be a good choice on that basis alone.

i must admit she does seem to have a 'special' voice :)

not a bad looker either if i do say so myself :p

Bifta
15-12-2003, 11:10
Lemar - Dedicated : The Fame Academy novelty wore off months ago.
Jay Z - Hard Knock Life: Went downhill after "Can I get a f**k you?", not worth bothering with.
Eminem - The Eminem Show: It's the new milleniums Vanilla Ice!
Dido - Life for Rent: Middle of the road tripe for the aspiring wine bar generation.

iadom
15-12-2003, 11:28
i actually think 'white flag' is ok 'life for rent' annoys me.........

i have used Easy CD-DA Extractor in the past on my cds to get them off the cd to mp3 i like to keep the originals in perfect condition (im clean) :p

http://www.poikosoft.com/

hope this helpsThat looks like the kind of thing I need. I also only copy for my own use. I like to have one in the car. one in the hifi and sometimes one in the ghetto blaster when out in the garden.
Thanks for that Kronas.:tu:

kronas
15-12-2003, 12:18
That looks like the kind of thing I need. I also only copy for my own use. I like to have one in the car. one in the hifi and sometimes one in the ghetto blaster when out in the garden.
Thanks for that Kronas.:tu:

no problem if you get stuck you only have to ask :)