PDA

View Full Version : NTL 250 from EBay?

c0d3-m0nk3y
07-09-2006, 12:42
I currently have an ntl 200 modem but I am having real trouble convincing ntl that the 200 is at the root of connection loss during bittorrent.

Is there any reason I shouldn't buy a 250 from Ebay?

(I know that the modems remain the property of ntl etc but I am talking about practical reasons like NTL will know and disconnect my service etc).

Chris W
07-09-2006, 12:53
Yes - firstly it isn't the sellers to sell, and secondly it won't work on your connection anyway.

What makes you think that it is the actual modem that is causing your problems anyway?

Toto
07-09-2006, 12:53
I currently have an ntl 200 modem but I am having real trouble convincing ntl that the 200 is at the root of connection loss during bittorrent.

Is there any reason I shouldn't buy a 250 from Ebay?

(I know that the modems remain the property of ntl etc but I am talking about practical reasons like NTL will know and disconnect my service etc).

Don't buy it, you will have to get the modem registered on the network. There are loads of discussions about this on the forum.

Oops, Chris W beat me :)

handyman
07-09-2006, 14:31
Don't buy it, you will have to get the modem registered on the network. There are loads of discussions about this on the forum.

Oops, Chris W beat me :)

Or more correctly don't buy it as it will never work on the network again after being in an account.

Deadude
09-09-2006, 19:19
majority of torrent probs are usually due to firewalls/routers if ur modem is faulty just ask ntl for a new one....

Monserrat
11-09-2006, 13:33
The LAN port on my old 120 wasn't making very good contact anymore. I phoned up NTL with this problem and an engineer happily replaced the 120 with a working 250. Problem solved.

The only grudge I had was the fact that the guy from the Indian call centre insisted that I just use the USB connector. Well, it is common knowledge that if ethernet is available, always take it! It saves from having to load a driver, and the latency is a bit less.

Toto
11-09-2006, 22:08
The LAN port on my old 120 wasn't making very good contact anymore. I phoned up NTL with this problem and an engineer happily replaced the 120 with a working 250. Problem solved.

The only grudge I had was the fact that the guy from the Indian call centre insisted that I just use the USB connector. Well, it is common knowledge that if ethernet is available, always take it! It saves from having to load a driver, and the latency is a bit less.

If they insist again, tell them you have no free USB ports, and as ntl does not support networks, you can't add a USB Hub ;)