PDA

View Full Version : NTL USELESS

kathsimmo
06-09-2006, 09:46
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so fed up with NTL at the moment and don't know what to do anymore or who to turn to.
I have been passes from pillar to post for 12 days now and still haven't got a phoneline since moving 11 days ago.
3 weeks ago I informed them of my move and thet told me ' no problem we will disconnect you the day before send an engineer out on the day you move and you can keep the same number'.
Engineer came on the day of the move to the new house told me everything was ok and left.
Since then we have had broadband and someone elses line but nothing else
We tried to get in touch with them last weekend and was told the address hadn't been changed on the system but because it was bank holiday that department was closed. Since then I have been on the mobile everyday to them including 3 hours yesterday and still no luck.
Tuesday they told me the address had been updated so and engineer would be out to me monday morning. Monday came and I waited in all morning to no avail. I rang them and was passed around the departments and was told that the engineer had definately been out and noone answered. I insisted they hadn't been to various people untill finally someone described the house to me and..................they'd been to my old one
They said it was because.............my address hadn't been changed and sent me back to that department.
Finally they told me there was a technical fault and they would get a manager to call me.......guess what....... 24 hours later I had to call them again because noone had contacted me. The girl I spoke to said.....its because your address needs changing AAARRRRRRGGGH
She told me she would definately get a manager to call me I said I'd heard it all before and she promised me she would call me first thing today to find out if one had called .......guess what......no call.

I can't cope anymore and don't know what to do.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

zing_deleted
06-09-2006, 09:48
:welcome: to the forum first thing to do is calm down :) someone will be along soon who can help we have some wicked peeps on the inside :)

Jon M
06-09-2006, 09:49
Hi Kathsimmo Download Failed (1)

I'm sure we can help you resolve this. There are NTL staff on this forum that should be able to sort it out.

kathsimmo
06-09-2006, 09:54
Thanks for the welcome zinglebarb and Jon
The other reason I am mad is my son sent out 6 cv's to various shops in the area 2 of which we knew there were part-time jobs going (he's after a saturday job as he's started college today) and he's possibly missed out because our home number was on there. He has since been into 3 of them and told them his mobile but I so feel for him as his luck hasn't been there with the job situation with being one of the youngest in school.
I sit here now waiting for a phone call knowwing NTL aren't going to call and not having hubbys or sons contract phone can do very little

Russ
06-09-2006, 09:55
If you PM me your name, address and account number I'll get this passed on to our ntl contact straight away.

crazynan65
11-09-2006, 16:52
Hi Kathsimmo
If you are using your mobile phone to ring NTL each time, keep a record of these, time, length etc, and how much you are paying per min, then when it is all sorted out send a letter to the complaints dept, telling them that you want this money refunded, as it was incurred by their staff not doing their job properly. The address is
NTL Complaints
Concord House
Concord Business Park
Shadowmoss Lane
Wythenshawe
M22 0BA
When I did this, they refunded my money

kathsimmo
11-09-2006, 20:36
Thanks for your help Russ D
I am finally back on after 2 weeks 2 days after your contact got in touch with me and sorted it out for me so big thanks to Richard in the executive office.
I am also going to be compensated by NTL for the calls made on our mobiles so hopefully that will be credited on my next bill.
Lets just hope that nothing else goes wrong and noone else has the same problems that I incurred and hopefully my son will now get that phonecall he's been waiting for.

Russ
11-09-2006, 22:00
Glad to have been able to help :)