PDA

View Full Version : all i want to do is save some money

ranjb
04-09-2006, 21:54
Hi

was wondering if someone can help me with a dilemma.

my current situation is i have Sky digitial on the £21 pound package. i have 4mb telewest broadband (25) and phone line with telewest (£11). I am paying about £37.75 just for these services. i also got call reject on that as well.

now with my phone add another £20 worth of calls and it totals up to being about £60 plus sky = Approx £85

I been looking at cutting costs, now i really need to be staying on telewest just because i like blueyonder, i have a cable router and i have to spend more money to change my whole computer network, i never had any problem, been a customer since 99 and am very happy but I know i can get more for my money if i go somewhere else.

on the website i do like the plan for 3 for £30. i think that would be ideal for me. I happy to downgrade to 2mb broadband with evening and weekend phone calls and basic telewest tv package... Does anyone think i could squeeze the 4mb broadband for the price as i been a long term customer or get more channels for the price.

next question. i have 2 of those white telewest boxes in the house. one upstairs and one downstairs. i used to have telewest digital tv years ago but then moved to sky, and my cable modem is upstairs for my internet.

I wanted to know if i went for the 3 for 30 package. what would telewest normally do. can i keep my modem as i would like to because its connected to my wireless router upstairs and would they activate the white box downstairs.
i have tried it with the modem but it doesnt seem to work so presume it is disconnected.

Also i am willing to pay a bit extra for the services for a better tv package or higher speed boradband, would telewest do that with the 3 for £30 package if i paid them a bit extra

A consfused customer who wants to save money. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

superbiatch
04-09-2006, 21:58
Can't help you with the money side of things, but i was under the impression you can only get the 3 for £30 package if you were new to them? :dozey:

cuggle
07-09-2006, 06:42
call retentions and see what they offer you to stay? its worked for other people on here in getting huge reductions to services

Stuart
07-09-2006, 10:10
Can't help you with the money side of things, but i was under the impression you can only get the 3 for £30 package if you were new to them? :dozey:

From the article on the Front page of this site (the info comes from NTL)

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/article/282/ntl-telewest-and-virgin-mobile-to-launch-free-tv-and-quad-play-deal

‘Quad-play’

Available to new and existing customers
Combines ntl Telewest’s 3 for £30 package (over 30 digital channels and TV-on-demand, 2Mb broadband and phone line) with a Virgin Mobile pay monthly contract for just £40 a month
No hidden installation or connection charges
Customers will shortly also be able to choose any two base services for £20 per month, any three for £30 or all four for £40
HTH.