PDA

View Full Version : Relocating BB in the same house

nrg_polini
04-09-2006, 17:43
I live in a student property and i am changing room in the same house. I called NTL to transfer the BB in the other room and they asked for 50 Pounds :erm: There is NTL BB cabling in the new room, so the engineer will do almost nothing! Is there anyway i can avoid paying for that? Or to have a discount as the cabling is allready there.

Thank you :angel:

Jules
04-09-2006, 17:56
Wireless maybe?

Marge
04-09-2006, 17:58
As far as I can remember it should be £25 for the job however why don't you try just plugging the modem in the other room and see if it works :shrug: Nothing ventured, nothing gained oops:

nrg_polini
04-09-2006, 18:03
I wouldnt like to leave the modem in the other room as i dont trust the new occupant and i want to have access to the router at all times. I will try to plug the modem to the existing cable but i dont think it will work. If it is 25 Pounds it is fine, but i cant afford more. Maybe ill make another call :)

Marge
04-09-2006, 18:33
tbh, I can't really see a reason why it shouldn't work. Certainly give it a try before you ring and book a visit cos imagine how chuffed off you'll be if all the engineer does is plug it in and it's cost you £25 ;)