PDA

View Full Version : NTL - no customer care - no care!

agape
02-09-2006, 20:59
:td: I have just moved house and dealing with NTL was the worst and the most stressful part of moving leaving me totally exasperated.
NTL have a contract with me until 26th September 2006. I am moving to an area where NTL don't have their service. So I wanted to put call divert on my existing phone line. But before I could do so they terminated my line. This was even though they informed me I had to give 30 days notice - which I did on the 25th August 2006
After talking to 10 (TEN) different useless individuals over two and half hours - they were unable to restore my line -insisting I did'nt exist - even though I gave them my account number and informed them that I had been using their service for more than six years and paying them promptly. They kept transfering me to different individuals - who seem not understand simple logic - that when a customer has an account number and proper I.D. and a contract - the customer exists - even though due to some fault he may not show on their network. That line is still not working to this day - so no call divert can be placed on a number which I have held for for over 25 years - for which I might add NTL charged me £50 to port from BT six years ago.

Four Days before the above incident they cut off another client an 85 year old - who was in tears - because her tele[phone was her 'life line' to the doctors and family - Again NO CARE! - NO CUSTOMER SERVICE! - After talking to 5 Different individuals over 3 hours on her behalf - they eventually reactivated her line.
THEY JUST DID NOT CARE.
a.bajaj

brettjbuckley
02-10-2006, 15:16
I can sympathise with you - my last house move went awfully wrong and NTL left me without TV, telephone or internet services for two weeks.

I fondly recall getting passed from helpdesk to helpdesk and speaking to an endless array of disinterested people - all of whom seemed to not have access to any of the previous person's call notes and all of whom seemed to conjure up different stories, explanations and clues to my problem. In fact, I found the whole fiasco rather like some bizarre kind of "whodunnit" or "murder mystery" game.

lostandconfused
05-10-2006, 11:43
if you have an account number then you are going to exist on the system. there could have been some systems problems that day or maybe you got the account number wrong.
i know there are some bad apples in CS but i honestly dont beleive that ten seperate people would say that they cant find the account when really they could.

you say you wanted to put call divert on the phone line, can i ask do you still own your current house? if not then it wouldnt be possible to do this anyway as the phone number would need to be attached to a servicable adresss