PDA

View Full Version : Own up

greencreeper
02-09-2006, 18:27
Whoever fixed it. I love you :D I've been without broadband since Wednesday. It's like losing a limb. Engineer is supposed to be here Tuesday to fix it. RDY light flashing for a while, then SYNC/RDY will go off, SYNC comes back but RDY stays flashing. Just kept doing that. It was down this morning when I went to work. Still down when I got home. Had a nap and it's working :D Well, so far it is :erm:

TheNorm
02-09-2006, 19:51
...Had a nap and it's working ...

I find many a problem solved after a nap, or a good night's sleep.

greencreeper
02-09-2006, 19:56
I find many a problem solved after a nap, or a good night's sleep.
:D

It's been down since Wednesday. Strange that it should be sorted on Saturday afternoon :erm:

monkey2468
03-09-2006, 01:33

It's been down since Wednesday. Strange that it should be sorted on Saturday afternoon :erm:

Probably a network issue, which has been resolved. I havn't been as work today, so it wasn't me.

greencreeper
04-09-2006, 00:44
Connection went down again around mid-afternoon today - I was out. RDY light flashing. Power cycling the modem has helped. I've a feeling something nasty is wrong - the sort of problem that cannot be diagnosed :(

greencreeper
06-09-2006, 02:02
Well, the engineer visited and it's looking a lot better :erm: Upstream and downstream figures are more like they should be. I wasn't here (had my mate house sit) but apparently it was "furry" cables. I think this means oxidisation, as oppose to hair growth. Could clean the cables myself if I knew which ones.

AndrewJ
06-09-2006, 03:11
Can tell its a single guys place then ;)

greencreeper
07-09-2006, 00:23
Can tell its a single guys place then ;)

The furry cables are in the green box - I'm told the engineer spent a while in there, cleaning. The dogs do pee up it. Don't suppose it helps :D

bigcat
07-09-2006, 16:47

The dogs do pee up it. Don't suppose it helps :D

Not just dogs..!:Yikes:

You'd be surprised what the techs find in the cabs (green boxs)

Rats chewing through the drop cables....and a very large bee's nest! Not sure if the techs got over the stings yet!:erm:

greencreeper
07-09-2006, 19:53
There are a lot of rats about at the moment - seen several in the last few days. Not sure if they're having a good year or not.

My green box sits directly in front of the manhole cover to access the underground cables. It's almost on the house wall. Just a small one though - about a foot high. It might have something to do with the problems - the close location.