PDA

View Full Version : sky + extended warranty

arcamalpha2004
02-09-2006, 14:35
Is it worth taking out?
I have had the set up close on a year now, they have been trying to get hold of me during the week, the wife told me they said its about the extended warranty.
Anyone got any opinion? ;)

MovedGoalPosts
02-09-2006, 15:01
Like any extended warranty - it's a gamble.

Not sure how reliable the HDs are in the SKY+ PVRs, that's the area most likely to be vulnerable.

quadplay
02-09-2006, 15:16
A callout from Sky costs (I think) £65, and includes everything needed to get you up and running again. Most of these extended warranty companies seem to charge at least that on a yearly basis. Waste of money if you ask me.

Of course, you could just get cable and get any repairs/box replacements done free of charge, but I won't open that particular can of worms just here! ;)

dilli-theclaw
02-09-2006, 16:04
Also if your box does fail after your 12months point out that you are likely to go elsewhere and they are quite likely to waive the callout fee anyway.

arcamalpha2004
03-09-2006, 16:46
A callout from Sky costs (I think) £65, and includes everything needed to get you up and running again. Most of these extended warranty companies seem to charge at least that on a yearly basis. Waste of money if you ask me.

Of course, you could just get cable and get any repairs/box replacements done free of charge, but I won't open that particular can of worms just here! ;)

If a callout from sky costs £65 (you think ) then surely a full years extended warranty for £99 by monthly dd makes a bit of sense?
Bearing in mind you dont know how many callouts you may have, although I do accept they do seem excessive in cost.
I could get cable? yes I could, but I wouldnt want the shambles of the botched up box near my property thankyou very much, think I would sooner just phone up sky if something does go wrong and threaten to leave if they dont sort it ;) I have had ntl tv which is the sole reason I am now with sky ;)

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

Also if your box does fail after your 12months point out that you are likely to go elsewhere and they are quite likely to waive the callout fee anyway.

Exactly ;) I was just wondering if anyone had taken out the warranty :)