PDA

View Full Version : sky Dig and NTL Or Sky dig and bt

so perferct
01-09-2006, 23:10
Just A ? Can you still use Sky dig on a non Bt line like Ntl or do you hava a bt Line ?

at the moment i hava Ntl Anlongle4 Sky i word Like to keep the phone and iternet if possable i am the East of Southampton and Hava been wating 4 Ntl dig 4 years or dose anbody know if ntl we ever luch ther dig tv seveic on the east of the city

yous trulye matt

UncleBooBoo
01-09-2006, 23:20
You can use a sky digital with any phone line as long as it's not voip!

Infact you don't even need a phone line to get sky unless you want multiroom!

MadGamer
02-09-2006, 00:00
You can use a sky digital with any phone line as long as it's not voip!

Infact you don't even need a phone line to get sky unless you want multiroom! You do need a phoneline for Sky as you need to have the Box connected to a telephone line for the first 12 months of your contract. :)

dragon
02-09-2006, 00:26
You do need a phoneline for Sky as you need to have the Box connected to a telephone line for the first 12 months of your contract. :)

no you don't i saw them advertising no phoneline needed on the sky stall in town a few days back

I think you pay something like £25 extra on installation and they remove the requirement to have a phoneline.

UncleBooBoo
02-09-2006, 01:51
You do need a phone line for Sky as you need to have the Box connected to a telephone line for the first 12 months of your contract. :)

You are wrong! :rolleyes:

You do not need a phone line in order to have sky anymore, in fact you have not needed to have a phone line for a long time. As posted above sky charge you a one off fee of £25 if you do not wish to have your equipment connected to a working phone line.

However you must connect the equipment to a working phone line at all times even after your 12 month term has expired if you have multiroom!

iain_herts
02-09-2006, 12:59
if u have standard sky then u can opt out for a flat fee of £25 but if you have sky+ then you are not able to opt out.

u will also not be able to get a free dish and box if u opt out aswell

Gareth
02-09-2006, 13:55
You do need a phoneline for Sky as you need to have the Box connected to a telephone line for the first 12 months of your contract. :)http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:VpgCbhBX6jGtkM:http://www.tellytunes.com/wallpapers/familyfortunes_800.jpg

MadGamer
02-09-2006, 14:17
Ok ok i surrender.

UncleBooBoo
02-09-2006, 15:18
if u have standard sky then u can opt out for a flat fee of £25 but if you have sky+ then you are not able to opt out.

u will also not be able to get a free dish and box if u opt out aswell

Not sure about sky+ so will not comment on that, however my sister had sky installed nearly 3 months ago and she had the dish and box for free but had to pay the £25 because she did not have a phone line.

Sky also advertise via a display lorry thingy in my city center every week and they say that you can get sky for free and no phone line is needed. But the small print on their board states the £25 payable fee for this!

My advice to anyone thinking about getting sky but don't want it connected to a phone line is to call their sales line because just like NTL they will prob give you a good deal if your a new customer!

arcamalpha2004
03-09-2006, 17:07
no you don't i saw them advertising no phoneline needed on the sky stall in town a few days back

I think you pay something like £25 extra on installation and they remove the requirement to have a phoneline.

:tu: :tu: I seen the very same advert on a sales stand of sky's. as you say, you just pay an additional one off fee.

skyblueheroes
03-09-2006, 17:57
Sky and BT.