PDA

View Full Version : Problems with connection

Ibeam
31-08-2006, 22:10
Hi
I am experiensing difficulty with my ntl broadband connection or even the modem. The cable light keeps on going off and I loose connection sometimes it comes back on but sometimes I have to switch off the modem and them plug it back in again. I have been on to support who say ring back next time I cannot connect.................great help.....................when I did ring when I was experiencing connection problems I was told there were thirty people ahead of me ...............yeh I am going to hold at 10p per minute for three hour NOT...........Anyone else had this kinf of problem recently

Nedkelly
31-08-2006, 22:13
Hi what town do live in as there might be others in the same area having the same problem:)

Ibeam
31-08-2006, 22:21
I'm from the north east

timewarrior2001
31-08-2006, 22:27
I'm from the north east

having propblems in Teesside here

Called tech support and they said they will send an engineer but it seems widespread now.

Horizon
01-09-2006, 00:32
Got the same here in London. I've just managed to reconnect after a 3 hour outage.

Also the light on the front of my stb is constantly flashing. Gone into the engineers menu and it says the stb's cable modem is "UnLocked" and Interactive Status is "Not Ok." The stb IP address and other numbers are 0.0.0.0 but even though I'm in a "Bromley" area the stb is showing its usual number for the Langley TFTP Server, but not the Bromley server.

Horizon
01-09-2006, 04:34
.....everything went back to normal around 4am. No more flashing light on stb and all things in the engineers menu showing as ok. WOnder what ntl were doing?

Paul K
01-09-2006, 06:26
Dunno but our connection went down last night too (South East/ London area) and this morning we have had to release and renew the IP address just to be able to browse :( Been like this for a while here (slow/ rubbish)

Efour
01-09-2006, 07:30
i had some trouble last night but all is normal again now:angel: