PDA

View Full Version : Please help me

timewarrior2001
31-08-2006, 20:41
Has anyone got the number for tech support, my internet is fubar'd

I can browse the web, but cannot download anything, including email, so far it has taken 20 mins to download 1k of a 36k email and I am s'posed ot be on 10mb service.

Its been getting slower all week and now its unusable.

zing_deleted
31-08-2006, 21:01
so why cant you google the phone number?

timewarrior2001
31-08-2006, 21:38
well if it had not just taken me 45 minutes to get back here I may well have tried google, I said I could browse I didnt say it was working correctly. It simply happened that I got here.......eventually.

Still no need to worry, I finally found the number without any help and after spending 45 minutes on the phone to tech support I am awaiting an engineer visit on Monday.

I can browse better now, but no speed tests load or do anyhting, I get less than 1Kb per sec when trying to donwload email and tech support cannot see a problem./ Happens on both machines, both through the router and by passing the router.

Any pointers?

AntiSilence
31-08-2006, 21:44
Um, a big hammer? :D

zing_deleted
31-08-2006, 21:55
reboot modem?suck eggs lol proxy ? dns maybe?

timewarrior2001
31-08-2006, 21:57
all tried.

apparently the techie is sending a 5 page report of test results to engineer saying its all fine.

Yeah seems like it, been slowing for over a week, I left it and left now I want it fixed.

Sorry I'm a tad pished off atm lol

Efour
31-08-2006, 21:59
I was playing an online game and i got booted off the server and my Voice coms server.

I rebooted my NTL 250 modem and switched proxy to Poplar. I was using Chlemsford.

Only using poplar can i browse the web but do nothign else, if i swap to Chelm. I get nothing atall

THis is the same for using no proxy also.

Anyone else having these troubles ? began at approximatley 9.20pm this evening....... VEry annoying cos i was in mid conversation with some old mates.

timewarrior2001
31-08-2006, 22:03
I was playing an online game and i got booted off the server and my Voice coms server.

I rebooted my NTL 250 modem and switched proxy to Poplar. I was using Chlemsford.

Only using poplar can i browse the web but do nothign else, if i swap to Chelm. I get nothing atall

THis is the same for using no proxy also.

Anyone else having these troubles ? began at approximatley 9.20pm this evening....... VEry annoying cos i was in mid conversation with some old mates.

Mines been like that most of the evening mate, ntl were doing work this morning in my area, but techie made no mention of this.

I just tried jumping proxies and it made no difference at all. Looks like NTL may have some major issues

Efour
31-08-2006, 22:12
try popl-cache-9.server.ntl.net:8080

quite a way away from you tho ehehe