PDA

View Full Version : How to find your monthly NTL usage?

bignellrp
29-08-2006, 19:24
I can't seem to find out via NTL's website my total monthly usage.

Other ISP's like Tiscali for example have a section of there site to show your download usage in mb.

10mb has 75gb per month usage allowance right? How to i find out if i'm getting close to this?

There must be a way to find out via their site. They can have a limit and not tell you how much you're downloading.

Can anyone help?

dilli-theclaw
29-08-2006, 19:31
I can't seem to find out via NTL's website my total monthly usage.

Other ISP's like Tiscali for example have a section of there site to show your download usage in mb.

10mb has 75gb per month usage allowance right? How to i find out if i'm getting close to this?

There must be a way to find out via their site. They can have a limit and not tell you how much you're downloading.

Can anyone help?
Welcome to the site :) - there are NO limits to the amount you can use on 10mb - or 1 or 4 for that matter.

http://www.home.ntl.com/icat/broadband

bignellrp
29-08-2006, 21:00
Thats good to know. Thank you.

Although it still would be nice to see my usage. Are you sure they dont have a section of their site setup to display this info?

dilli-theclaw
29-08-2006, 21:02
Thats good to know. Thank you.

Although it still would be nice to see my usage. Are you sure they dont have a section of their site setup to display this info?Noy as far as I know they don't.

Some people use something like DUMETER (http://www.dumeter.com/) to keep tracks on what they download, this is,however, only really good for keeping track of one computer.

bignellrp
29-08-2006, 21:36
Ok, thanks. Yeh, i thought of using a netmon/dumeter, but as you say its only for one PC and we have 3. Some routers tell u this info, but my router doesn't unfortunatly.

sstainer
29-08-2006, 23:50
i'd use a netmeter at least it will give you a rough idea ??

Monserrat
31-08-2006, 11:41
I use Aida 32 which is a fairly glorified sysinfo tool. One of the features is displaying your download and upload usage during a Windows session. Sensor temperature readings is another feature.

Graham M
31-08-2006, 11:47
Install it on each PC and add it up :)

Delta Whiskey
31-08-2006, 16:24
I use Bitmeter 2 it's freeware.

"BitMeter II

BitMeter 2 is a bandwidth meter, it allows you to visually monitor your internet connection by displaying a scrolling graph that shows your upload and download speed over time. BitMeter is freeware - ie. it is given away completely free of charge, there is no trial period, no time-limited features, no spyware, and no adware, guaranteed. "

http://codebox.no-ip.net/controller?page=bitmeter2

RealDiamond
02-09-2006, 19:09
Bandwidth monitors are fun and are included in Mac OSX for nothing but wigets are nicer, stats of the last 4 days presses dashboard button (F12) dam 10 GB down 6 GB up o dear thats a lot, but i dont turn off the computer. just goes to sleep. (gamespy.com have added alot of HD footage. just like apple.com)

jumbo159
02-09-2006, 23:21
DUmeter counts ALL activity over your NIC, meaning it will also count any traffic between PC's on a network. So for example if you use 1 pc as a server hosting music or video files, and use a different pc to access these files over your home network, this is added to your total download and upload results and can quickly make your net usage look immense!

mojo
03-09-2006, 17:46
You could get a router with logging. I think some Linksys ones support it. pfSense and ipCop bother support logging, and even give you nice graphs.

For example, my pfSense router is telling me I downloaded 163Gb in the last 14 days. I can see from the graphs that most of it was overnight, with a bit in the evenings from usenet. No one will believe me but it's legal stuff too.