PDA

View Full Version : Water mess

Minbu
29-08-2006, 15:52
Even NTL can make a mistake!

"A mother and son have had to move out of their house after an NTL engineer, called in to fit the internet, drilled into a water tank causing a flood."

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=131596&command=displayContent&sourceNode=124371&contentPK=15275364&folderPk=55129&pNodeId=124522

UncleBooBoo
29-08-2006, 17:02
What do you mean even NTL can make a mistake???

It's about all they are ever good at doing!

However in all fairness this could have happened to anyboby, amazed they only want to bring in carpet cleaners!!! Once a carpet is soaked like that it's ruined, it will shrink and smell even after cleaning!

Pia
29-08-2006, 18:00
They seem to be handling it okay though, unless they only offered all that once the press were involved:D

Minbu
29-08-2006, 19:18
Yes to their credit they seem to be trying to do the right thing. We shall see...

Stuart
30-08-2006, 00:11
In fairness, a friend of mine lived with some other friends in a townhouse (actually, IIRC it had four floors, not three) had a plumber in fixing the radiator in her bathroom. The bathroom was above her bedroom. A few months later, her bedroom ceiling collapsed onto her bed. She ended up having to replace some clothes, dry all her others, and replace her bed.

Luckily, in her case, the plumber had been employed by her landlord (the Ministry of Defence), so her costs were paid by insurance.

So, NTL aren't the only company that employ people who can do a lot of damage with drills.

lostandconfused
30-08-2006, 10:11
i also know of a workman from an unnamed company that was drilling through a wall and drilled through the customers dog that was sleeping inside the house.

the customer now recieves flowers and card from said company once a year and all of its contractors now have to drill from the inside out

popper
30-08-2006, 10:24
In fairness, a friend of mine lived with some other friends in a townhouse (actually, IIRC it had four floors, not three) had a plumber in fixing the radiator in her bathroom. The bathroom was above her bedroom. A few months later, her bedroom ceiling collapsed onto her bed. She ended up having to replace some clothes, dry all her others, and replace her bed.

Luckily, in her case, the plumber had been employed by her landlord (the Ministry of Defence), so her costs were paid by insurance.

So, NTL aren't the only company that employ people who can do a lot of damage with drills.

well, apparrently NTL:tw are covered for upto £100.00 0 in insurance anyway, so i dont see what the problem is, it appears they might be trying for the least payout as you'd expect them too.

it only right that the people get their place sorted and something for their trouble.

Nedkelly
30-08-2006, 11:40
I have seen worse but to be fair NTL have offerd to pay for the damage as others have said it could of been any tradesman doing the work .We have said in the office they want there 5 min of fame i have seen a lot worse in my 10 yrs in this industry

LSainsbury
30-08-2006, 12:20
YThe incident happened last week when she called out an NTL engineer to install the internet so that her eight-year-old son, Dean Ginnivan, could keep in contact with his cousin who had moved to Spain.

I'd like "the internet" installed in my house.....that would sure be a BIG house!!!