PDA

View Full Version : Poole (Branksome/Parkstone) area

Gooch
29-08-2006, 08:28
Is it just me or as anyone else from the above area had no net connection since yesterday evening or longer?
I came back from a couple of days away (1800hrs yesterday evening) fired up my PC and found the cable modem to be sitting with just the sync and rdy lights on. Just to be safe I powered down the PC and un plugged my modem for a few minutes before powering on the modem and pc again. Still the same. Then about 2130hrs last night other lights began to flash so I thought maybe it is just a temporary prob at NTL. Enet light comes back on and the u/s and d/s lights start flashing. Looking good I thought. But still can't get on the net. I gave up and this morning I was back at the solid sync and rdy lights and nothing else.

I have had look at the service status page from work and there doesn't seem to be any known problems in my area. If It is still like it when I get home tonight I will call technical services at NTL.

Just thought I'd ask to see if anyone else has had similar problems?

Graham M
29-08-2006, 09:07
Mines been fine here, BH14 9J*

Gooch
29-08-2006, 11:15
Thanks for the input Zeph. Looks like I'll be calling NTL when I get home if it's the same.