PDA

View Full Version : Life Assurance

greencreeper
28-08-2006, 00:59
I did the online thing and got a quote that covers the whole lot - bus/cancer/limbs dropping off and so on. Around £25 a month, for the next 10 years - I didn't want to be too optimistic about life expectency. But then on the application page, a problem - when can we phone you to ask medical questions. What sort of questions are they likely to ask :erm: Is it likely that they'll ask if I'm a puff and add £50 on because, well, I'm likely to catch AIDS? Will it be personal questions about what I do in bed? Is my responsible attitude to sexual health likely to do me no favours - I've had a few HIV tests? I don't really want to talk to anyone, let alone someone in India who's liable to get it all wrong.

Why the hell is it that simple things just have to be made complicated? :(

Caff
28-08-2006, 02:15
Maybe a highstreet office might be more helpful. ?
Face-to-face ?

Downloads
28-08-2006, 02:18
From my own personal experience it's more about disabilities, heart conditions, medication you are taking etc etc. If you said you were on an anti depresant for example, they will jack it up. My wife had post natal and this wasn't a good time to get a quote for life insurance!

Gareth
28-08-2006, 03:12
It might be worth getting a quote from

www.pinkinsurance.co.uk

They might not be the cheapest out there, but they are supposed to be gay-friendly, with no HIV testing, no personal questions and no inflated premiums. Looking for a gay friendly insurance company? Pink Insurance Services is a division of Compass, who are Independent Insurance Advisers to the Gay Community. Established in March 1999, Compass offers advice without attention to Nationality, Colour, Employment Status, Health Status or Sexuality.

* We are gay owned and staffed
* 95% of our clients are Lesbian or Gay.
* We are members of the Gay Business Association

greencreeper
28-08-2006, 06:29
Thanks for the replies.

It with no HIV testing
Eh! Testing :shocked: Behold the great unwashed <holds arms out wide> :rolleyes:

I vaguely recall reading something about this subject in the Gay Times, but it didn't have sufficient significance (at the time) for it to fully register in my brain :erm:

Hugh
28-08-2006, 11:27
GC

there is some good info on this site - might be worth checking out before you apply anywhere. Click on Life Insurance on the left hand side.
http://www.pinkfinance.com/frames.html

HTH

greencreeper
28-08-2006, 16:35
I've been doing some reading on the various websites mentioned - thanks. Looking like I'll need time off work to sort it all out. Sigh. Might post on my other forum - might be a gay FA lurking :erm: