PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone fixed this problem and how?

Furion
27-08-2006, 21:51
hey guys,

loads of us have been getting connection dropouts since the recent speed upgrades, mine was from 2mb to 4mb, we have to keep rebooting the modem or wait for the connection to finally come back, the lights on the modem are as they should be.

i am hoping that someone who has had this problem fixed can enlighten the rest of us please (cause we're all going mad!)

or if any technicians or engineers who have seen this many times could tell us exactly what the problem is, we'd all be most grateful.

thanks for your time Furion

cjmillsnun
27-08-2006, 23:34
Hi

What cable modem are you using?

monkey2468
27-08-2006, 23:42
As above, modem type, router? etc where in the country?

When you say loads of you, are you living in the same accomodation/town/county?

Furion
28-08-2006, 02:40
i am using the ntl home 120 modem, ethernet connected, no router and in northants.

when i say loads of us i'm not talking about the 37 other people i share a room with:rofl: i mean't all the people from all different postcodes that have written or replied to a thread about this exact same problem on this forum.

Spike_UK
28-08-2006, 16:21
Please see my thread as I was having this same problem with my 10mbit line.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=51818

It could be the cable you are on does not have enough bandwidth to support your 4mbit connection. If you phone technical support and ask them to run a program called "BADGER" on your line and look at the acceptable peak usage on it. They will probably find it spikes over the limit everytime you have a dropout.

Furion
29-08-2006, 02:26
thanks spike_uk i'll give that a try.