PDA

View Full Version : Word Games

TheNorm
25-08-2006, 18:32
For those of you who do not know, I am sorry to report that the ever popular 4 Letter Sentence Game, started by Salu two months ago, is with us no more. The thread had exceeded 3000 posts, and was causing technical problems, so it was terminated in the wee hours of this morning. Truly a black armband day...

Oh well, never mind, eh? We can now look for a replacement! So, please feel free to post your ideas to this thread for a Cable Forum Word Game.

Theodoric
25-08-2006, 19:23
Well, after wiping a tear from my eye, I will ask the obvious question. If it is purely a technical problem relating to the number of posts, why cannot the post counter simply be reset to zero (or a new thread with the same title started if this is not possible)?

budwieser
25-08-2006, 21:48
For those of you who do not know, I am sorry to report that the ever popular 4 Letter Sentence Game, started by Salu two months ago, is with us no more. The thread had exceeded 3000 posts, and was causing technical problems, so it was terminated in the wee hours of this morning. Truly a black armband day...

Oh well, never mind, eh? We can now look for a replacement! So, please feel free to post your ideas to this thread for a Cable Forum Word Game.

Big Shame! Had some good laughs with it.:D
Thanks for the original poster posting it. Salu i think it was.
Cheers Mate.:tu:

Cobbydaler
28-08-2006, 21:19
Well, seeing several other threads have exceeded this 3000 posts figure, if they can be 'fixed' why not the 4LSG?

If not then 'The Never Ending Story', as seen on other forums, where a story is continued by the poster contributing the next n words...

SnoopZ
28-08-2006, 22:03
Yep was a sad day! Someone come up with a replacement asap. :)

We could start a 5 word game. :p:

Mal
28-08-2006, 22:07
Bring back the non-sequiter thread! ;) :D

SnoopZ
28-08-2006, 22:15
Possible new game -----> The Double Letter Game (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?p=34106128#post34106128)

Paul
28-08-2006, 23:08
Please note that any such threads are likely to be closed long before they reach 3000 posts.

Cobbydaler
29-08-2006, 00:37
Please note that any such threads are likely to be closed long before they reach 3000 posts.
Why? Would they have they any less merit than 'What music are you listening to?', 'Girls you lust over' or 'Moans/Pet Hates'??

Not that I have anything against these threads, they're all entertaining...

Just because 'any such threads' don't fit in with a mods idea of fun...

Paul
29-08-2006, 00:48
It's not up for debate.

We don't run the forum for pointless threads full of single word posts.

Mick
29-08-2006, 02:05
Just because 'any such threads' don't fit in with a mods idea of fun...

Nope because 'any such threads' doesn't fit into the discussion element, which is what a forum is basically for.

There is a chatroom sitting waiting to be used. Which is better suited for playing such games. Thread closed.