PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a missed call from me on your mobile?

egbullyed
24-08-2006, 15:07
For the past few weeks we have been receiving calls from different people saying that our number has come up on their mobile phone as a missed call. These people are from all over the UK and are unknown to us. We have certainly not phoned them and there is no-one else in our house (except the cat and I don't think he is that clever...). I have a record of several of the numbers, having done a 1471 after the call. We have reported this as a telephone fault to NTL twice, and on both occasions engineers found no fault with the line. Their latest suggestion is to change our number which I prefer not to do. Do any of you clever people out there have an explanation for what is happening?

Jules
24-08-2006, 16:02
I will let you know if you ring me ;) lol

Russ
24-08-2006, 16:20
The problem is finding out if the missed call is actually from 'your' number, seeing as we don't know what it is - although I'd strongly advise you to not disclose it on here!

egbullyed
24-08-2006, 21:22
So any ideas?

Saaf_laandon_mo
24-08-2006, 22:08
i got this a few times when i moved from o2 to voda, people would call me sayin i had dialled a missed call. :S

egbullyed
25-08-2006, 07:16
Would the mobile company of the person who appears to have a missed call from me be able to trace the call back?

neoapple
27-08-2006, 09:39
yer cell company might although i suggest u ask ntl first...

oh and look what advert came up for this post

Pia
27-08-2006, 09:45
I doubt any mobile company would go to the effort of tracing a call back because of one missed call, i guess it would need to be recurrant prank calling before that happened.

egbullyed
27-08-2006, 15:31
Perhaps I'll tell these people that I haven't called them, and therefore they must have a problem with their phone. After all, NTL tell me there is no fault on my landline......

hooker1uk
28-08-2006, 09:27
Perhaps I'll tell these people that I haven't called them, and therefore they must have a problem with their phone. After all, NTL tell me there is no fault on my landline......
have you just posted this on ntl:hell?

this happened with my BT landline to the extent our neigbour had splice our cable so he could get free telco on my bill easiest thing to do is nag them as someone is not doing there job, look round your omni box for signs of any tampering to any wires or extra wires going away from your house
tell ntl wou will call the police as you think something illegal is going on

the missed calls can also be a wireing fault in your home, try remove ALL extensions and try using one phone connected to the master socket for one day if you get no calls you have found the problem

hope that helps - paul