PDA

View Full Version : help ntl phone line

homer
23-08-2006, 18:30
Hello to all,

First of all I am moving house very soon and I am moving to a Non Ntl area so I have to return to bt for the phone,I rang C/s today to tell them and all I got from the C/s person was wot ever mate you and a millon others are going back to bt. I tried to explain we like to cancel our account but i DONT THINK HE WAS BOTHERED .......Pls could one of the helpful ntl people look into my account and make sure we are being cut off............ I will be very greatfull..........
Homer

MovedGoalPosts
23-08-2006, 19:10
Best suggestion is to send ntl a letter, recorded delivery, confirming that you are giving notice to cancel. That way you have proof if it doesn't get cancelled that it is ntl's problem.

scrotnig
23-08-2006, 19:18
Hello to all,

First of all I am moving house very soon and I am moving to a Non Ntl area so I have to return to bt for the phone,I rang C/s today to tell them and all I got from the C/s person was wot ever mate you and a millon others are going back to bt. I tried to explain we like to cancel our account but i DONT THINK HE WAS BOTHERED .......Pls could one of the helpful ntl people look into my account and make sure we are being cut off............ I will be very greatfull..........
Homer
Did they put you through to Retentions? They were always bothered when I was working in that department.

Having said that, if you're moving to a non cabled area there's not really much they can do to persuade you not to cancel, so that's the flip side of the coin. I just used to process the cancellation and thank the customer for their business.

Did the agent actually say that a million others are going back to BT? As that's highly unprofessional and should be reported.

I have to say though at the moment, including both cable companies and resellers, BT offer the best overall deals on telephone.