PDA

View Full Version : Best milkshakes?

ic14
12-12-2003, 18:26
Wheres the place you had your best milkshkes?

Mine would have to be from esquires cofee houses in harlow. Yummy

(and i know its a weird thread :p)

Ramrod
12-12-2003, 18:30
Allergic to dairy produce :cry:
...and the number of people who then ask me:"what, you can't eat eggs either?" :disturbd:

Chris
12-12-2003, 18:40
Believe it or not, growing up I would have said the best milkshake was from the Little Chef. That was long before they got bought up and handed around among various plcs of course. They are generally not a patch on what they were 20 years ago.

Now? Believe it or not I actually like McDonald's shakes, although I accept they prolly aren't technically a proper 'milkshake'. Their best of all time was a limited-edition mango flavour they did one summer back in the very early 90s. I'm gutted that never came back.

These days I prefer smoothies to full-blown milkshakes. The best smoothie on God's Earth, in my humble opinion, is the Highland Strawberry Smoothie available at the Coach House Cafe, a superb little restaurant in Luss on the banks of Loch Lomond.

Bex
12-12-2003, 18:45
i remember when we used to go to wales on our hols, we used to go to this cafe place which did the most amazing milkshakes, can't remember where in wales or what it was called :erm:

like towny i like maccy d's milkshakes....

and i agree towny smoothies are lush :)

Sociable
12-12-2003, 18:56

Not into shakes myself but guess the $5 shake from Jackrabbit Slim's* would be a good bet. :)

Mia and Vincent both thought it was pretty special.

*Pulp Fiction" Nightclub.

Graham
12-12-2003, 18:57
Believe it or not I actually like McDonald's shakes, although I accept they prolly aren't technically a proper 'milkshake'.

I prefer the Burger King ones because at least, when they've melted, they don't taste of more chemicals than an ICI Plant!

Atomic22
12-12-2003, 19:01
make them at home with "Crusha" bought from asda..
its the original stuff all the cafes and places used in the heyday of real milk shakes.....
strawberry............yummmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy
also i love chocolate or banana nesquick

paulyoung666
12-12-2003, 19:02
Not into shakes myself but guess the $5 shake from Jackrabbit Slim's* would be a good bet. :)

Mia and Vincent both thought it was pretty special.

*Pulp Fiction" Nightclub.

ahhhhhhh but vincent thought it was a rip until he tasted it ;)

mickeyd's for me also , choccie shake is well yummy ;)

paulyoung666
12-12-2003, 19:04
I prefer the Burger King ones because at least, when they've melted, they don't taste of more chemicals than an ICI Plant!

and there speaks a true bk fan , i wonder if anyone can prove there are less chemicals in it than in a mickeyd one :rolleyes:

Shaun
12-12-2003, 19:48
Allergic to dairy produce :cry:
...and the number of people who then ask me:"what, you can't eat eggs either?" :disturbd:

Me too, but I still have cheese :erm:

I love home made So-good shakes (chocolate and strawberry) YUMMY

Paul
Yuk, I hate milkshakes ..... :(

Maggy
Best milkshakes I ever had were in a restaurant in Callella in Spain called Groucho's.They were more like liquid chocolate ice cream. :drool:

Incog. :waving:

imback
12-12-2003, 20:12
Best ones ever, and still are, are the ones the milk floats carry, the ones in propper glass pint bottles, other than them got to go with whoever said Crusher

Florence
12-12-2003, 20:14
Home milkshakes made from fresh strawberrys or banana with ice cream and milk blend the fruit add ice cream and then add milk whisk up till thick and frothy. Great milk shakes are always fresh.

Iago
12-12-2003, 20:59

We have on of these near where I live! Never been in there though.....

I always wonder why people find out about those places they are much more expensive why did you buy a milkshake in a coffee house!? Mcdonalds are nice and they are cheaper.

ic14
12-12-2003, 21:07
We have on of these near where I live! Never been in there though..... yes havent gone in there....

I always wonder why people find out about those places they are much more expensive why did you buy a milkshake in a coffee house!? Mcdonalds are nice and they are cheaper. Mcds milkshakes are sick, and there not that much cheaper

Graham
12-12-2003, 22:13

and there speaks a true bk fan

No, there speaks someone who prefers BK shakes for the reason given!

i wonder if anyone can prove there are less chemicals in it than in a mickeyd one :rolleyes:

It is not whether they actually *contain* less chemicals, but that they *taste* better!

Shaun
12-12-2003, 22:38
No, there speaks someone who prefers BK shakes for the reason given!

It is not whether they actually *contain* less chemicals, but that they *taste* better!

The chemist in me want to shake you all and point out that everything in the universe is made from chemicals, even you lot, but I'll refrain!!! :Peace:

LooeyUK
12-12-2003, 23:37
MMM, milkshakes. I work at Asda in the Photoshop. Me and my colleague go to the provisions department and grab 1 stawberry Frigg milshake, pay for it, and then go and open up :) mmmm. hehe. We keep it in our fridge in the morning.

Ramrod
13-12-2003, 00:01
Back when I used to drink them....the milkshake mixture (before it's diluted) from McDonalds was the best. Like the thickest, tastiest, richest milkshake you've ever tasted! :drool:

homealone
13-12-2003, 00:04
Back when I used to drink them....the milkshake mixture (before it's diluted) from McDonalds was the best. Like the thickest, tastiest, richest milkshake you've ever tasted! :drool:

mmm concentrated additives - doh!:D

Graham
13-12-2003, 01:18
The chemist in me want to shake you all and point out that everything in the universe is made from chemicals, even you lot, but I'll refrain!!! :Peace:

Can someone adapt the "Reputation" system to add "Pedant Points" to someone's score...?! :Peace:

Tricky
13-12-2003, 14:36
Macdonalds in the states
Strawberry - With real bits of strawberry in em...

Flubflow
13-12-2003, 14:51
MMM, milkshakes. I work at Asda in the Photoshop. Me and my colleague go to the provisions department and grab 1 stawberry Frigg milshake, pay for it, and then go and open up :) mmmm. hehe. We keep it in our fridge in the morning.

"grab 1 strawberry Frigg milshake, pay for it, and then go and open up" ?????

Excuse me but that just sounds obscene. :Yikes:

Flubflow
13-12-2003, 14:56
Macdonalds in the states
Strawberry - With real bits of strawberry in em...

How on earth do you suck that lot up a straw?
IMO a milk shake should be a a proper drink and not slightly runny icecream which really needs a spoon.

Nestles Nesquick with full cream milk done in the blender at home. Can't beat it :D

Theodoric
13-12-2003, 15:08
Good god! I thought that I was the only person in the universe who thought this way!

Theodoric
13-12-2003, 15:12

Nah, none of this milk skake rubbish thickened up with guar gum (or whatever they use nowadays). What you need is an egg nog.

Take a pint of milk (preferably coolish) and add one egg. Whisk vigorously. Add a little sugar and salt and a good dash of frshly grated nutmeg. Whisk again. Add sherry to taste, give it a final stir, sit back in comfort and drink. Ah, ambrosia!

Flubflow
13-12-2003, 15:18
Nah, none of this milk skake rubbish thickened up with guar gum (or whatever they use nowadays). What you need is an egg nog.

Take a pint of milk (preferably coolish) and add one egg. Whisk vigorously. Add a little sugar and salt and a good dash of frshly grated nutmeg. Whisk again. Add sherry to taste, give it a final stir, sit back in comfort and drink. Ah, ambrosia!

:sick:

Bifta
13-12-2003, 15:28
"grab 1 strawberry Frigg milshake, pay for it, and then go and open up" ?????

Excuse me but that just sounds obscene. :Yikes:

I thought they were called "Frijj"

Tricky
13-12-2003, 16:17
Ice Cubes
Ice Cream (vanilla)
Fresh Strawberries
Hand Blender
Perfick -

Flubflow
13-12-2003, 16:32
I thought they were called "Frijj"

I should hope so. :)

Theodoric
13-12-2003, 17:39
:sick:
So, I take it that this delicious drink of the gods does not appeal to you. :)

Theodoric
13-12-2003, 17:41
Ice Cubes
Ice Cream (vanilla)
Fresh Strawberries
Hand Blender
Perfick -
Ah, but we're talking smoothies now, as opposed to those products produced by industrial chemists.