PDA

View Full Version : BT engineer call out

fudge
19-08-2006, 11:15
my freind is on a BT phone line , and since last wednesday his phone line has been out of order , He phoned them with his mobile and after trying different tests and no joy an engineer was booked but BT cannot send one out to him untill next thursday, so in the meantime BT have transfered any calls they may get to there mobile , i thought this is a long time to wait for an engineer to call , it goes to show the grass is not allways greener on the other side.

pedantic
19-08-2006, 11:23
This very thing happened to me last week. I returned from a short break, to discover my line was dead. At the time, customer services told me it would take almost a week for an engineer to fix the problem at the exchange. They did fix it after 3 days, but I had no calls and no internet for that duration. The fact is, BT care a lot more about their business users, simply because they pay more. :rolleyes:

TW_BUS_DATA_TECH
19-08-2006, 11:45
The fact is, BT care a lot more about their business users, simply because they pay more. :rolleyes:

Well we constantly have problems with BT ADSL connections. When we monitor the connection drop we first of all check all site equipment with the EU, e.g. site power, lights on router cabling to router / filter / PSTN socket.

Then we check the tunnels into the network and sessions or our DSL routers and radius servers.

If after all of that we can't get it bak online we first carry out a BT WOOSH test to amongst other things TAM test the line and check for sync (almost always useless!!)

Then we book it out to BT. Often a day or two later BT come back and say it's a PSTN fault at which point the ADSL fault is closed with BT and we need to get the customer to dial 152 to report the fault (unless its WLR then we need to book it out seperatly) then it takes 3 to 4 days before the PSTN gets fixed.

But all in all its a pretty messy business and most of the time it needs to be passed back to BT 3 or 4 times before they actually acknowledge the fault and subsequantly fix it. :mad: