PDA

View Full Version : TV with phone

HornetUK
11-08-2006, 21:14
I rang up NTL last week and asked if I have to have the phone with digital TV and he said no....is it no longer a requirment if you want NTL TV & BB you have to have their phone line?

Anyway he said due to discounts given I have need to get rid of the phone line I've never used. But TV Sports collection pack is £35, BB £24.99 = £59.99 I am paying £2.50 more than this.

So simple question can I just call them and say I no longer want the phone line or is that still not officially allowed to exisiting customers?

Cheers

Jules
11-08-2006, 21:18
Did you ask him why you was paying £2.50 more?

HornetUK
11-08-2006, 21:19
Didn't realise until bill came...so are you now officially allowed to not have an NTL phone line when you have digi TV from them as it has always been a condition.

Jules
11-08-2006, 21:22
As far as I know you don't have to have the phone any more, can anyone else confirm this?

HornetUK
11-08-2006, 21:52
If someone could 100% confirm it I will give them a ring as I take it before Sept price rises its as simple as 4MB BB £24.99 + £35 Sky sports family pack. No discounts needed as will be cheaper than now.

HornetUK
12-08-2006, 16:53
So could anyone 100% confirm you do not need to keep the phone line? As before I wait to get throught to NTL I want to make sure its worth the call.

Thanks

Zheez
15-08-2006, 17:44
I have 10mbit Internet and TV with no phone. You do have to pay £11 phone line rental whether or not you have the phone though so I really should've got the phone installed as well for the sake of it.

HornetUK
15-08-2006, 20:06
I rang them Monday & Today and both tims they confirmed that you know longer have to have the phone line. But they cannot disconnect me as system down:(

Presume that also means no more £11? As I said do I have to have the phone to have the TV?

lostandconfused
15-08-2006, 22:10
you dont have to have a phone line if you have a tv package, but you may aswell.

the TV package price includes the price of line rental, which you have to pay even if you dont take the line, so if you have it installed you may aswell drop to talk weekend and keep it unplugged as it wont cost you anymore.

unless i missed something earlier on:confused:

SnoopZ
15-08-2006, 22:13
you dont have to have a phone line if you have a tv package, but you may aswell.

the TV package price includes the price of line rental, which you have to pay even if you dont take the line, so if you have it installed you may aswell drop to talk weekend and keep it unplugged as it wont cost you anymore.

unless i missed something earlier on:confused:

I could be wrong but i don't think you have to have or pay for a phone line now, if you just want TV.

[edit]

But according to the website you do.

lostandconfused
15-08-2006, 22:19
it depends where you look at the advertising, it does get confusing though, for example the family pack is £30.50. but sometimes is advertised as £19.50.

everyone will pay £30.50 unless your getting a discount, but you get line rental free if you take the TV package

HornetUK
17-08-2006, 06:23
Now rang NTL 3 days running...system down & offered next day call back, no call back received! I reckon they don't want me cancelling this phone line:)

King Of Fools
17-08-2006, 08:49
The only official thing I have seen is that you can now get TV with either a phoneline or BB. I do not think you can have TV just on its own.

ogganova
17-08-2006, 10:39
Yesterday I signed up for NTL and can confirm that you no longer need the phone line in order to get a TV package. CAn't quite figure the pricing out, but I think it might be along the lines of their 3 for 30, so you can get 2 for 20. Basically I ordered 4mb bb and the basic TV package cost an additional £2 a month 'to rent the tv box', so £26.99 in total. I was happy with the deal, as I couldn't get a reduction on the BB as a new user and also being in an area that has slightly dodgy freeview reception and no on roof ariel, it's cost effective as I rent . Also I get a few extra channels thrown in.

Og

gadge
18-08-2006, 20:35
my dad had the 2 for 20 yesterday not a bad deal just the phone and tv.the latest samsung box aswell.

HornetUK
19-08-2006, 07:19
I have 4MB BB, TV and phone, I want to drop the phone but fter ringing NTL everyday this week I have been told system is down when they were going to do it and on two occassions not allowed to do it.....does anyone at NTL know whats going on?:mad: