PDA

View Full Version : Awful Awful Awful

IanUK
11-08-2006, 08:54
*sigh*

Yet another long drawn out agonising process to try and get my fault fixed.
For the second time since joining NTL my connection keeps dropping out and the voltage levels on my modem are all over the place.

I've been conversing with Admin Edit at NTL in the executive office to try and get this fixed, so far for almost a fortnight to no avail.

Finally a senior tech was supposed to contact me yesterday I was promised, so I waited in all day - guess what...go on guess...I betcha can't !

Thats right no call, I'm really not surprised.

Well thats about it for me, NTL are crap on just about every level (and don't get me started on NTL Shop- what a pile of crap that is as well, illegally changing prices as you try to order something - great service there too !)

I'm cancelling if my service isn't fixed today, I was going to wait until we moved house, but I can't put up with this atrocious service any more.

Even the Exec staff it seems are incapable of providing any kind of service.

What a rubbish company.

Stuart
11-08-2006, 09:13
Ian, please forward me your details, and I'll get the site contacts to look into it for you.

IanUK
11-08-2006, 09:24
Thanks Stuart, PM sent.

IanUK
22-08-2006, 13:37
My connection is still broken, despite NTL promising to fix it I have heard nothing from anyone.

Its been almost 4 weeks since I first reported it.

Great service NTL

IanUK
23-08-2006, 08:44
After posting that my connection was out until I got up this mornng, I've still heard nothing from anyone, so I rang support, went through the whole rigmarole of reporting it as a fault (again), told them I had been conversing with someone in the executive office and that an engineer (finally) came out over a week ago, and told me he could see the problem, and would fix it the next day (or Monday, as it was a Friday), of course he never did, I'm continuing to pay for a crap connection, anyway she looked on my file and it shows no record of anything, nothing for the last 4 weeks.
Why am I not surprised, what a atrocious company !

Awful Awful Awful, so I told her I'm cancelling today unless I get someone to fix it, so she booked an engineer (she said she could see my modem and that it was offline (well YES thats what I've been saying for 4 weeks !!), of course now its online again, so we'll see if the engineer follows the advice of the previous engineer (which was that the upstream voltage is wrong) and fixes it.

But I guess I'll be saying goodbye to everyone here as I've had enough, NTL are the worst company I've ever dealt with (and I've dealt with BT !) and this is the second time in 6 months that I've had the same fault and both times it has taken ages and lots of stress on my part to fix it, this time 4 weeks and still no fix.

Stuart C: thanks for your offer and for trying to help, but no one ever contacted me, so you wasted your time.

I'm outta here at the end of today if its not fixed, and somehow I don't think it will be - do you ?

handyman
23-08-2006, 09:29
No reason to leave the forum just becuase your not with ntl... I'm not with ntl and have not been for a year :)

IanUK
23-08-2006, 11:56
Good point, and I've just seen that I've made over 600 posts !
And I bet most of those are moans :(

Heedyheed
23-08-2006, 12:02
No, don't leave. Why not stick around and let all the other potential "NTL-dumpers" know how you get on with BT - sometimes referred to as Bloody Terrible ;)

Mike

IanUK
23-08-2006, 12:15
I've had experience of BT before NTL, they had their problems too, but with one major difference, I got compensation for the one time I had a 4 day outage, I had a couple of problems with them over the many years I was with them, but mostly they were sorted within a day or so, I was certainly never promised things that didn't happen nor ignored.

Of course they might be rubbish too now, but NTL are without doubt the worse company I have ever encountered for customer service, when my connection works it works well, but this is the second time I've had to have excruciating prolonged complaining to try and get a fault fixed, and they neither apologise nor give compensation.

Also on a separate, but slightly related topic, did I dream it or were NTL supposed to give you a call back option if you had to queue in their pay per minute phone queues ?

Because there was certainly no option to do so when I've called them.

IanUK
23-08-2006, 14:26
In the interest of fairness - an engineer came this afternoon, to cut a long story short it seems that the person dealing with my fault before had passed it to another department, and that department had monitored my connection and of course sods law dictates that it was up and fine during that time.

It has been raised again, so I now keep my fingers crossed and hope for a better outcome this time.