PDA

View Full Version : Royal Mail nicks Red

Paul
11-08-2006, 02:55
This was pointed out to be in an e-mail I got earlier tonight ;

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?catId=400043&mediaId=600023#

Royal Mail, the Royal Mail Cruciform, the colour red and SmartStamp are all registered trademarks of Royal Mail Group plc

The 'colour red' a registered trademark of the Royal Mail ? - I think that's pushing it a bit far .....

SOSAGES
11-08-2006, 09:51
a particular shade of red paint is commercially sold and labelled as post office red - perhaps that is what they are on about.

Stuart
11-08-2006, 11:18
Well, Intel tried to copyright the numbers 5, 8 and 6. They might have succeeded as well, until some bright spark pointed out that our mathematics systems would need to be re-designed to not include the numbers 5, 8 or 6 in any form.

Hence, they went to the same man who designed the Starbucks image, who promptly invented the name Pentium.

TheDaddy
11-08-2006, 13:34
a particular shade of red paint is commercially sold and labelled as post office red - perhaps that is what they are on about.

Not as impressive as 'The colour red is a trademark of the Royal Mail' though is it ;)

Xaccers
11-08-2006, 13:39
Well Easy have tried to claim they own the colour orange, along with the word Easy, Easie, and EZ amongst others.
You should see the company sig they add to their emails!

Cobbydaler
11-08-2006, 14:13
Apparently Cadbury (New Zealand) have done the same for the colour purple...

Wonder if anyone's told Steven Spielberg/Whoopi Goldberg... :erm:

Skatoony
11-08-2006, 15:32
Some companies are extremely stupid when it comes to copyrighting/patenting.

Escapee
13-08-2006, 12:20

Yep, one of my mates owns a fleet of minibus and a couple of luxury coaches, he wanted to have the fleet in red but Mercedes would not supply new minibuses in red. The reason was down to the Royal Mail not allowing it, He bought white ones and sprayed them Post office red.

I have an ex-royal mail van, and "Post office red" used to be an easy colour to obtain, but for some reason not these days.

Enuff
13-08-2006, 13:00
Well Easy have tried to claim they own the colour orange, along with the word Easy, Easie, and EZ amongst others.
You should see the company sig they add to their emails!
Then he'll be wanting my "ezfix" domain name. :disturbd: