PDA

View Full Version : Get rich quick schemes

bob_a_builder
09-08-2006, 23:42
I'm sure we've all seen the professionally presented posters ? ( a bit of A4 tie-wrapped to a lampost) at traffic lights offering riches beyond your dreams for just 1 or 2 hours work a day

But what about the cars you'll sometimes see around with a "getwealtynow.com" or some such similar url plastered over it

Funny its generally a less than pristine, slightly elderly model, for whom the car showroom is a distant memory

Do they not see the irony in that or are they really multi millionares just trying to put the tax man off the scent

Gareth
10-08-2006, 12:02
Hahaha, yeah those schemes always make me laugh too. You see 'em on fleabay too. If these people really did know some secret formula to guaranteed riches and a happier life, then why are they flogging their secret for a few quid? Surely if they've made gazillions of pounds from only a few minutes work (that anyone can do from home, without any capital investment or door-to-door selling involved) then it's not worth their time replying to phone calls and emails, or leaving their adverts underneath my windscreen wipers when I've parked my car at the supermarket.

zing_deleted
10-08-2006, 12:08
The only get rich quick schemes ive tried have all be the wrong side of a thin blue line and im still not rich lol lol

Gareth
10-08-2006, 12:14
A few years ago, after seeing how successful they were on the continent, I considered setting up DVD vending machines that only require a small footprint so can be positioned in busy places, ie supermarket car parks, petrol stations, shopping malls, university campuses, etc...

The systems cost about £5K each to buy, iirc, plus obviously the cost of the DVDs, and any rent you need to pay the land owners. They're very clever machines though, and they're even now able to access t'internet and email you daily/hourly updates as to rental figures, income, stock levels, etc...

People hire the DVDs and pay for them with their credit card, so that if they don't return them, you can charge them the price of the DVD against their card.

It was a good scheme and is unbelievably successful on the continent, but now with Blockbuster starting to offer a similar scheme in many locations, and with the advent of VOD, it's less and less attractive. I should've done it a few years ago when I first thought about it really.

Anyone else got any money making schemes they thought about putting into plan?

MikeyB
10-08-2006, 12:26
The best one I've seen on a back of a car was

www.superbincomes.com

Which I initaially read as
Super Bin Comes!!!

Graham M
10-08-2006, 12:32
So did I :p:

Super Bin? :D

zing_deleted
10-08-2006, 12:36
The best ever get rich scheme was when Bill Gates said to his mate whats that program you written called and he said windows :)

Gareth
10-08-2006, 12:40
Hahaha, maybe that's what it is about. Maybe it's something to dow ith the wheelie bins we're supposed to be getting at last in Swindon ;)

Cobbydaler
10-08-2006, 12:43
So did I :p:

Super Bin? :D

It's the next big TV Game Show...

A cross between Bullseye & 321.... :erm:

Halcyon
11-08-2006, 12:08
There will never be a way to get ritch quick unless you invent something or tap into a market that has never been done before.