PDA

View Full Version : Slow broadband in Warwick (CV34)

tomac78
09-08-2006, 18:40
I have read on NTL's homepage that some work was being carried out yesterday morning (Tuesday), however since really Sunday/Monday I have been experiencing slower than normal speeds. I am on NTL 4mb service.

This evening I am getting varying results from speed tests:

Speed Test on this forum:
Average connection speed of 2mb, 2.1mb etc.

Downloading an app off of Microsofts website
240kb/sec

Downloading iTunes off of Apples site
240-250kb/sec

Random North American speed test site
56k connection speed! "86% slower than other NTL users in the UK"

I have checked my account on NTLs page to see if they have dropped my connection down, and I am set to 4mb Unlimited, so I am guessing its a problem with the service. I tried rebooting my modem and router which hasn't helped.

Is anyone else in Warwick or Leamington Spa having NTL speed issues today?

Thanks.

Wiggz
10-08-2006, 11:37
Hi I'm experiencing non existent internet speeds almost in Nuneaton.

Tried diff proxies but no use. Must be related to the network maintenance.

Cheers

kitster
10-08-2006, 11:59
Hi I'm experiencing non existent internet speeds almost in Nuneaton.

Tried diff proxies but no use. Must be related to the network maintenance.

Cheers

essential maintenance work,why don't they do this at night is what i want to know.

Wiggz
10-08-2006, 13:20
I think they planned to - in fact they did. However this is NTL - and how often are they on time :)

Trix
10-08-2006, 13:43
Having problems in Burnley nr Manchester too.

Last few days speeds have been between 1 and 3 meg and im also on 4 meg.

Wiggz
10-08-2006, 13:59
I'm on 10mb and getting dialup speeds at best currently

macaroni
11-08-2006, 20:27
Ive been getting ridiculously slow speeds the past few days in Welwyn Garden City, it seems fine in the morning and gradually grind to a snails pace by 5pm..

Its really not on NTL !!!

tomac78
19-08-2006, 23:07
I am still getting really slow speeds here in Warwick. Apparently the service is longer taking place in my area, but its still incredibly slow.

Anyone else around in the Warwick area having speed issues?

tomac78
20-08-2006, 12:09
Anyone else? Someone on here must be from Warwick or Leamington?

I just called NTL and they said to test it without my router for 2 days as it might be my firewall causing it (load of ********), and that anything "upto 4mb" is acceptable, including the dial-up speeds I was getting last night.

FFS.

Cerberus
20-08-2006, 12:22
Anyone else? Someone on here must be from Warwick or Leamington?

I just called NTL and they said to test it without my router for 2 days as it might be my firewall causing it (load of ********), and that anything "upto 4mb" is acceptable, including the dial-up speeds I was getting last night.

FFS.

Mate, I think you will find that these inconsistent speeds are happening all over the country (see link below). I am getting quite sick of the inadequate service that NTL are supplying and I am sure that I am not the only person who thinks this. Time to start showing NTL that I am not prepared to pay good money for a totally inadequate service.

Rant Off!:D

HERE (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?p=34101102#post34101102)