PDA

View Full Version : Broadjumo client foundation

leicesteruser
04-08-2006, 20:29
Can anyone tell me what broadjump client foundation is, and if I need it?
I use a 10mbps connections.

MovedGoalPosts
04-08-2006, 22:07
If it's something supplied by ntl, as a general rule you don't need it.

The only time you need ntl software is the drivers if you must use USB connections.

Of course you can also use the netguard stuff unless you have other antivirus software.

leicesteruser
05-08-2006, 20:08
Yeah but what does it actually do? Is it overall beneficial to me?

Theodoric
25-09-2006, 16:14
Yeah but what does it actually do? Is it overall beneficial to me?
Following the installation today of a 2Mb cable modem, this is exactly the question I have been asking.

A program called cfd.exe was mentioned during the installation process. However, I found that it was trying to connect to the Internet when I rebooted a few hours later. A quick google search showed that it belonged to the above mentioned Broadjump Client Foundation and that it was used for broadband trouble shooting. It also seemed to be the consensus that it wasn't needed and could be safely removed. However, it's always nice to have such findings confirmed before deleting anything so, does anyone know of any reason why I shouldn't remove it.

PS During the installation, a list of 7 programs that might appear was given. I suspect that this may be the first of a number of postings on my part. :)

Stuart
25-09-2006, 16:31
As Theodoric says, Broadjump Client Foundation (or cfd.exe) can help conduct diagnostics on the network.

TBH, I have never installed it, and never needed to.

Theodoric
25-09-2006, 17:29
As Theodoric says, Broadjump Client Foundation (or cfd.exe) can help conduct diagnostics on the network.

TBH, I have never installed it, and never needed to.
Thanks. I shall go ahead and remove it.

LixeL
25-09-2006, 18:53
A most awful piece of software and quite insidious, I tried to uninstall bband medic off a pc and it corrupted running of things like microsft excel. Did a restore back immediately before uninstalling bband medic and all was fine.

Tried again and same result, checked round a few sites on the net and there's not many positives about bband medic.