PDA

View Full Version : Traffic problems Queues

th'engineer
10-12-2003, 22:39
Having spent over two and a half hours on the M3 last night between the M25 and Frimley.

I must admit getting off there was a little of road rage i do not know how people cope with all these jams.

I feel really sorry for anyone living round london its a total nightmare

Ramrod
10-12-2003, 22:43
Tell me about it! :rolleyes:

th'engineer
10-12-2003, 22:51
Tell me about it! :rolleyes:
I could not cope with that everyday thought we had it bad on the M62

The Diplomat
10-12-2003, 23:11
Having spent over two and a half hours on the M3 last night between the M25 and Frimley.

I must admit getting off there was a little of road rage i do not know how people cope with all these jams.

I feel really sorry for anyone living round london its a total nightmare

A lorry had caught fire at junction 4.

I was on there too but escaped at J3 and went on the A30..... no probs. ;)

peachey
10-12-2003, 23:15
A lorry had caught fire at junction 4.

I was on there too but escaped at J3 and went on the A30..... no probs. ;)

traffic was pretty bad down here in Cardiff tonight

some prat managed to break down on a major artery road & I
was stuck outside Cardiff city ground for about half an hour

had engine turned off for ages

MovedGoalPosts
11-12-2003, 00:16
During school holidays it take me 5 minutes to get to work by car. When schools are in session it can take over 1/2 hour (or more if I'm unlucky). I'm in an area where kids have no concept of the phrase "walk to school", every mum has the largest 4 wheel drive off roader they can find (to cope with the speed humps - yet you cant go fast cos of the congestion).

And yes I would walk myself - or cycle - and at times I do, but my job involves me going to various sites, carrying ladders and the like, so I can't do it without a car.

One day in the South East the government might wake up to the fact that public transport needs to enable us not only to go into the centre of London by rail , but alos needs to facilitate us going around the perimeters. After all, why does everyone use the M25, it's because theres no other "easy" way of getting around.

And public transport by bus here is a Joke. Was looking to get to Heathrow for Friday moring by bus. It's gonna take 1.5 hours for a jouney that by car or taxi will take less than 30 minutes!

/rant mode off