PDA

View Full Version : cheapest network for PAYG data?

dragon
03-08-2006, 20:56
Which of the UK networks is cheapest for data on PAYG?

I want to be able to connect my phone to my laptop via bluetooth and be able to get my email and use MSN while away from home (i sometimes get sent on courses and the place is in hte middle of a village with not much to do)

now i could use my vodafone mobile however its 3G and well

300Kps connection (i thinkt hats what 3G is?) @ £2.35 per 1mb could rack the bill up rather rapidly, escpailly with all these apps that jump in and check for updates as soon as you connect :Yikes:

so i might chuck a prepay sim in there for data use (its an unlocked samsung z500, i know its unlocked becuase i was the one that unlocked it) if i use a PAYG sim for data i don't have worry about racking the bill up

DocDutch
04-08-2006, 08:20
if correct O2 is pretty good for wap use or 3G which ever you can get. but standard gprs charges on O2 per mb are also 2.35 for payg. 1st month you get 5 meg free tho and you got browse and download bolt ons for 4mb for a 5er a month
http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/paygo/paygoboltons0153

punky
04-08-2006, 09:38
t-mobile have unlimited data packages...

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menuid=plans_webnwalk_and_ufix&chosenPricePlan=pmt

dragon
04-08-2006, 17:35
t-mobile have unlimited data packages...

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menuid=plans_webnwalk_and_ufix&chosenPricePlan=pmt

yeah i know once im out of th minimum term (december i think) im considering changing over to take advantage of that ;)

but at the moment i don't want to sign another contract whist im paying for this one

bhoywonder1967
04-08-2006, 20:53
yeah i know once im out of th minimum term (december i think) im considering changing over to take advantage of that ;)

but at the moment i don't want to sign another contract whist im paying for this one
Check out the small print:

*Minimum term contract and credit check applies. Compatible handset required. Fair use policy applies: U-Fix web 'n' walk plans provide unlimited internet browsing on mobile handsets in the UK. To ensure a high quality of service for all our customers, they are not to be used for other activities such as (but not limited to): modem access for computers, internet based video/audio streaming services, peer to peer file sharing, internet based video download and internet based telephony. If such use is detected, notice may be given, after which network protection controls may be applied which will result in a reduced speed of transmission.

etccarmageddon
05-08-2006, 00:43
orange pay as you go do unlimited for a day for £1 but actually limited to 25meg

dragon
05-08-2006, 09:01
Check out the small print:

*Minimum term contract and credit check applies. Compatible handset required. Fair use policy applies: U-Fix web 'n' walk plans provide unlimited internet browsing on mobile handsets in the UK. To ensure a high quality of service for all our customers, they are not to be used for other activities such as (but not limited to): modem access for computers, internet based video/audio streaming services, peer to peer file sharing, internet based video download and internet based telephony. If such use is detected, notice may be given, after which network protection controls may be applied which will result in a reduced speed of transmission.

They do web'N'walk pro on a datacard that IS for modem useage, if i go on t-mobile i was going to try and get that added to a phone package or something.

perticualy as i have a macbook so no pcmcia slot for the datacard anyway.