PDA

View Full Version : Broadband down in GU12

Bluestraw
31-07-2006, 16:28
Hi all,

My broadband service in the Guildford (GU12) area has been down since Thursday, and NTL tech support tell me it is a 'major fault' affecting many customers. However, every day they make and break a promise to 'fix it by xxx on the following day'.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get some more genuine information on the fault status? The guys at the Call Centers are simply reading the information they have on their screens, but this is clearly wrong!

Many thanks in advance...

MovedGoalPosts
31-07-2006, 17:22
hmm, nothing showing up on the ntl service status page. Can't be that major then.

Whizzo
31-07-2006, 19:12
I'm in GU12, I've not had any connection problems over that period of time. I've noticed my download speed isn't very stable this evening though, it's jumping around between 3-6 meg (I'm on 10meg).

MovedGoalPosts
31-07-2006, 19:22
If it hasn't come back by tommorrow, I'd be demanding compensation for loss of service. Ntl don't guarantee a fault free service but they should be maintaining an adequate service.

Bluestraw
31-07-2006, 22:25
Apparently it's not 'all of GU12' that's affected, but there is a recorded message when you call tech support saying that 'customers in GU12 may experience a degraded or complete loss of service'. I guess I'm just one of the more unlucky ones...

Whizzo
31-07-2006, 23:13
Come to think of it, it was Thursday we had that torrential rain and lot of lightning wasn't it? I lost cable TV for a while during the storm but it came back about 30 minutes later. Maybe something to do with that perhaps?

I'm just off Lower Farnham Road to give my rough location.

Bluestraw
02-08-2006, 18:04
Yeah, maybe it was the weather that did it. Apparently a load of people had a complete loss of cable TV too.

Broadband finally came back on yesterday at 2.30pm. Not a minute too soon!