PDA

View Full Version : DHL - service problem?

paul11974
30-07-2006, 20:25
yep sounds like the driver has attached the wrong tracking code to your parcel :mad:

Graham M
30-07-2006, 21:05
LOL! Paul was telepathic! its confusing when the time buggers up!

markmarkymark
30-07-2006, 21:18
Yo all..

Any of you use DHL to send stuff over seas? I sent a package via DHL on Friday to Qatar. Have tracked it and its now in Barbados:erm: (on route to .....India ..) What a total cock-up ....

Anyone had simlar problems? Customer Service is not open over the weekend so I have been gently stewing on this ready for war Monday morning.

I have no idea how this could be cocked up - exept that the driver on Friday was late with the pick up and said he was doing the job of two people. I wonder if he has got the airway bill and package mixed up? My copy of the airway bill is clear enough ..

grrr

Mark

Paul K
30-07-2006, 21:46
We use them and Fed Ex on a daily basis. Had a few things go to the wrong hub but they normally make sure that the package gets to the right place on time. It's quite possible an AWB has been mixed up or the wrong barcode put onto the package which would cause cock ups.

paul11974
30-07-2006, 21:57
ohhh my god im the thread starter

spiderplant
30-07-2006, 21:58
I've had one DHL cockup. Close inspection of the AWB showed the courier who collected the package had written the wrong destination airport code, which sent it to deepest China ("INC" instead of "ICN"). It got there in the end.

But on the whole I've found them reliable.

johndillinger
31-07-2006, 12:37
doesnt sound too great
im awaiting a parcel actually and have been doing for a few weeks now...