PDA

View Full Version : Singlepoint

virtual-angel
10-12-2003, 10:00
Hey people, has anyone ever had any experience with Singlepoint messing up your mobile phone bills?

I recently upgraded my samsung t100 to a free nokia 7210 with quite a good deal as my contract had expired and low and behold, £160 was taken from my bank yesterday as payment for this free phone. :afire:

As you can imagine im pretty peed off with this happening as its right before xmas and the moron at customer services told me he couldnt raise a credit for an amount as large as that and 'if' i want it back then i should claim an indemnity from my bank! This could take up to 14 days as far as im aware so there goes my familys xmas pressies :afire:

What i want to know is can i cancel my contract as they are in breech of the terms? To be frank, i dont bloody trust them with my bank details anymore and do not want to be tied to them for another year. Ive had the phone less than a month and they took this very large and unauthorised payment from my bank on the same day that they posted the first bill so im not filled with confidence :erm:

Any advice would be appreciated

Nemesis
10-12-2003, 10:02
Hey people, has anyone ever had any experience with Singlepoint messing up your mobile phone bills?

I recently upgraded my samsung t100 to a free nokia 7210 with quite a good deal as my contract had expired and low and behold, £160 was taken from my bank yesterday as payment for this free phone. :afire:

As you can imagine im pretty peed off with this happening as its right before xmas and the moron at customer services told me he couldnt raise a credit for an amount as large as that and 'if' i want it back then i should claim an indemnity from my bank! This could take up to 14 days as far as im aware so there goes my familys xmas pressies :afire:

What i want to know is can i cancel my contract as they are in breech of the terms? To be frank, i dont bloody trust them with my bank details anymore and do not want to be tied to them for another year. Ive had the phone less than a month and they took this very large and unauthorised payment from my bank on the same day that they posted the first bill so im not filled with confidence :erm:

IMO they are fobbing you off .... DEMAND that the money be put back in your account, even speak to your bank to see what they can do. They should be able to refund ANY amount that was taken illegally.

TigaSefi
10-12-2003, 10:06
Thank god I got out of my contract when I did. I felt very iffy about it when i tried to upgrade my phone earlier this year. I said ******** to that that and went with T Mobile.

smicer07
10-12-2003, 10:07
Not had any "problems" with their billing, but they are a dreadful company to deal with if anything goes wrong, or if you want to leave them. Never stop pestering you, then when you try to contact them, you can't get through to a human being.

allanprg
10-12-2003, 10:20
Yes I'm with Singlepoint. been with them since 97. I'm just thinking of chucking them in and looking around for another company. Although I never had much trouble with them. :)

sav_c
10-12-2003, 10:40
I'm with them and they call me on the landline once a week to offer me a Homeline package to save money on BT calls. When I point out that I use THEIR mobile contract to make off peak calls - using the free minutes, they say OK and hang up. Then call back a week later!

Shaun
10-12-2003, 11:08

Phone you bank mate, under the direct debit guarantee they HAVE to refund the amount back to your account on the same day, and then they have to charge it back to single-point. This is designed so the customer never gets out of pocket. HTH ;)

peachey
10-12-2003, 11:12
Phone you bank mate, under the direct debit guarantee they HAVE to refund the amount back to your account on the same day, and then they have to charge it back to single-point. This is designed so the customer never gets out of pocket. HTH ;)

I had all manner of aggro with them
after saying I had been mislead
about text message billing
and cancelled my payment method

a woman kept ringing me up giving me an earful

real rude she was - so I told her to f*ck off and that was the end of that

Bifta
10-12-2003, 12:10
Singlepoint are a bunch of useless turds. I've been waiting for 4-5 months now for a pro-forma invoice to pay off the contract I have with them. Every single month they manage to send me incorrect bills with (normally) 4 or 5 "admin charges" because apparently I pay by credit card, every month I have to hassle them about it.

As for the 7210 being a "free phone" upgrade, I was told by them when I upgraded that they didn't do free upgrades any more and that they just give you a bit of money off the new handset ... all this after me paying their pathetic "phone for life" fee every month.

asdf
10-12-2003, 15:21
Singlepoint are like ntl. They are great if nothing goes wrong, but once something does go wrong it's an absolute nightmare to get it sorted.

Thankfully I knwo someone that works there so can get any problems I have sorted, but my friend has had lots of trouble lately.

Mark W
10-12-2003, 15:42
only had 1 problem with singlepoint.

called them up to enable international calling - as my folks live abroad. done, made the call to my mother, but then next morining i cant use my phone - line is utterly dead.... got through to them, and yes, they has cut me off, because i had made an international call - and thats outside the profile of calls i normally make, so for security reasons the stopped my service.... i tried to explain that of course it bloody was - id only just asked them to enable it!!! but it was like talking to a brick wall. worst of all it took them almost 3 days !!! to get my phone working again :afire:

virtual-angel
10-12-2003, 20:57
Well, following a lengthy shouting match with several singlepoint muppets today my contract is now cancelled and all i have to do is send my fone back.

Now i need a new fone so has anyone seen any good offers recently? came across this 7250i free on vodafone http://www.argosmobile.co.uk/

What do you think?

Alanmelon
11-12-2003, 11:26
Another anti-Singlepoint message - just to warn others off of them.
When my Nokia handset went wrong a couple of years ago after about a month, I called Singlepoint to report the problem. After various tinkerings with signals etc, they conceeded that the phone was dead. However, would they accept responsibility for the product they had supplied me with? Of course not. "Ring Nokia on xxxx" they say. After using their number, I get through to the Netherlands somewhere, who tell me to contact their UK office, who then tell me to return the phone for repair. This is scheduled to take 3 weeks, so I call Singlepoint to arrange appropriate credit on my bill for this period, as I was unable to use their phone. Surprise, surprise, the response was "sorry, that's an issue you'll have to take up with Nokia, we don't refund in these circumstances"!
Anyway, to cut a long story short, Nokia refused the same, I was out of pocket, the 'repaired' phone went wrong again 6 months later, so I b*****ed off elsewhere.