PDA

View Full Version : Installer doesnt turn up

dsb
30-07-2006, 14:19
So......

I make an appointment for NTL to install broadband for me yesterday - I receive a letter confirming the date and that it will be done 'PM'.
by 4pm yesterday nobody had arrived so I phone up.
I am informed that PM means up to 6pm.
6pm arrives and.... nobody is here.
therefore I phone again and... ah! - the phoneline closes at 5.
not impressed - if they are like this before I am a customer what will they be like afterwards... I spent the whole day sitting in doing nothing.
Anyone know if this is par for the course? - what are the chances they will compensate me in some way if I moan.
More to the point, if I do go ahead and get the service installed am I likely to be waiting for a few more weeks until they have a free spot? - or even worse will they turn up monday morning when I am at work.
Oh well... I feel a bit better for venting!

MovedGoalPosts
30-07-2006, 14:22
:welcome: to Cable Forum :D

I know I'd be more than a little miffed at that. I'm not sure I'd want to proceed either. You'll need to phone them again on Monday and ask WHY the installer never arrived, and what they are going to do about it. Of course they should put themselves out now if they want your custom. Point out that ntl's charges now include a £10.00 charge to customers if a customer fails to keep an appointment so you expect at least that amount of credit from ntl as a guesture of their goodwill.

nfs6600
30-07-2006, 14:52
Give them a call now and ask, it's only open for reporting but they're generally quiet on a Sunday. Hopfully your account will have been setup prior to the install and have notes on it stating why it wasn't complete. Worth a try! (chances are it will be marked down as complete - even though no one turned up)

AntiSilence
30-07-2006, 14:57
When we last moved house and arranged for them to come round in the afternoon to do the installation, about 10am one of the installation guys phoned me on my mobile and asked if they could come round about 10.30am to get it done as they were running early.

So that was quite good.

dsb
30-07-2006, 15:05
gave tech support a call - they said no cable modem details, no help :(

nfs6600
30-07-2006, 15:07
gave tech support a call - they said no cable modem details, no help :(

Thats because they're generally no help at all at the best of times. Go through the options for a DTV or Phone fault. Chances of getting through to a UK based agent are increased. From the sounds of it, the call times aint that long so give it a couple of goes :) and im sure they will reimburse you for the calls made due to the installers not turning up etc

MovedGoalPosts
30-07-2006, 15:09
You're going to need to speak to the installs people. As they are not at work, no point wasting effort trying to get answers from ntl today.

nfs6600
30-07-2006, 15:17
You're going to need to speak to the installs people. As they are not at work, no point wasting effort trying to get answers from ntl today.

I would be dieing to know why the never turned up. Wouldn't it rack your brains out not knowing? :erm:

They open at 8am tomorrow morning. Call at around 10, quieter then

Bill C
30-07-2006, 18:14
So......

I make an appointment for NTL to install broadband for me yesterday - I receive a letter confirming the date and that it will be done 'PM'.
by 4pm yesterday nobody had arrived so I phone up.
I am informed that PM means up to 6pm.
6pm arrives and.... nobody is here.
therefore I phone again and... ah! - the phoneline closes at 5.
not impressed - if they are like this before I am a customer what will they be like afterwards... I spent the whole day sitting in doing nothing.
Anyone know if this is par for the course? - what are the chances they will compensate me in some way if I moan.
More to the point, if I do go ahead and get the service installed am I likely to be waiting for a few more weeks until they have a free spot? - or even worse will they turn up monday morning when I am at work.
Oh well... I feel a bit better for venting!

:welcome: to NThell make sure you also get the retentions number as you might be needing it :)