PDA

View Full Version : Online Mobile phone deals

Smilie
30-07-2006, 13:14
Been looking at mobiles phones lately (particularly Samsung D900)
and i see all these online deals which gives u cashback
if u send them the bill of the 4th,8th,12th month and a form

any1 here is using them??
and is it troublesome to do it (long forms to fill out)??

2 more months till my current contract expires
and will change network if vodafone doesnt give me a good new phone+deal

Enuff
30-07-2006, 13:46
what's your current terrif?

Smilie
30-07-2006, 13:56
paying £30 a month
for 200mins+50text

started using this 2 years ago
and they gave me a free upgrade 1 year ago (D600)

not that a good a deal now
with all these 3 months free line rental
and 3-8 months half price line rental

P.S to mods
just realise i posted in wrong sub-forums
if any mod would like to move this to lifestyle

had too many tabs on firefox didnt know i was in wrong forums when i posted this

Enuff
30-07-2006, 14:13
I'm on a simlar tarrif with O2 through CPW. My contract is up mid September. I've had a few calls from other companies trying to get me to setup a contract with them, the latest call I had was from a company called Communications Direct, (anybody had experience with them?) these offered me 600 x net anytime mins, 400 txt and a new SE k800i for £22.50 a month, with "3" but this would double to £45 after the first 6 months! They did say that at that time I could change to a lower more affordable terrif, but I dont know what the deal would be then, and she didnt say. IMO, i'd be very wary of these type of offers if you get them.

I was told to try these sites...

http://www.mobileshop.com/

and

http://www.e2save.co.uk/

The n93 is available on contract now :)

Smilie
30-07-2006, 14:26
yea the N93 looks very good (abit big tho)
but its abit on the expensive side as im looking for 12month contracts
as i would like to change a new phone every year

thats why im looking at the D900

i got a phone 2 years ago from mobileshop
didnt get any problems with them

but didnt had any cashback options back then
want to know if they work well

NitroNutter
30-07-2006, 14:57
With cashback deals you really want to find the ones who have a well known firm behind them, otherwise you may find the cashbacks are not easy to get and/or the firm goes under every so often. Many online mobile shops today is simply e2save via xml/cvs or iframe. Also allways send your cashback returns via special delivery, anything less is less than good enough and leaves you open to non payment. Both me and the Mrs have had a 6680 from e2save last september and had no issues getting cashbacks so far, one more to go, and also other bonus payments have come through with no real issue, just follow the procedures and use the right mail service. Despite being tempted by their offers at the time, if it had not been for the fact I found out carphone warehouse had recently took them over I wouldnt have gone for it.

Charlie_Bubble
30-07-2006, 15:31
With cashback deals you really want to find the ones who have a well known firm behind them, otherwise you may find the cashbacks are not easy to get and/or the firm goes under every so often. Many online mobile shops today is simply e2save via xml/cvs or iframe. Also allways send your cashback returns via special delivery, anything less is less than good enough and leaves you open to non payment. Both me and the Mrs have had a 6680 from e2save last september and had no issues getting cashbacks so far, one more to go, and also other bonus payments have come through with no real issue, just follow the procedures and use the right mail service. Despite being tempted by their offers at the time, if it had not been for the fact I found out carphone warehouse had recently took them over I wouldnt have gone for it.

E2save is owned by carphonewarehouse, so unlikely to go under in a flash without you knowing! :)