PDA

View Full Version : would you ?

kronas
10-12-2003, 03:50
this thread is inspired by the tv show 'burnside'

they say money changes people but how far would you be willing to change ?

the lavish lifestyle money intails is surely something to grasp at every opportunity that comes but can go just like that not that many would come like these......

yes im talking about a 'bung' would you take one if you were offered a substantial amount of money keep it quiet hush hush no one will know

even if it had no impact on anyones life except a killer avaiding capture due to your non-willingness to come forward

ill start it off.......

no i would not take a bribe in any shape or form being an honest person that i am money can get you many things but you can never ever take bribery because its the wrong thing to do and it will always come back to haunt you

Russ
10-12-2003, 07:55
What if the bung was a night with Avril??

Seriously....

allanprg
10-12-2003, 08:08
Well if it was with Avril I might be tempted.LOL But otherwise definately no way. :nono:

bopdude
10-12-2003, 08:21
Oh yeah, for sure ;) if the amount was right i dont think there are many people that would not take a back-hander, everybody has a price ( cash or otherwise )

Stuart
10-12-2003, 09:22
I voted yes, but it depends how much and what for. I have been offered bribes by students to help write their courseworks, but I won't do that under any circumstances. Partly because I believe it is wrong (they are at Uni to learn, which they won't if they don't do the courseworK) and partly because although my job is to help students, if I help one student too much I could, in theory, lose my job. I would also lose my job if I did a coursework for a student.

imback
10-12-2003, 09:58
We all have our price, and at the end of the day that money could put your children in an amazing financial position for the future.

So in short yes, yes I would, obviously dependant on the situation and amount

aliferste
10-12-2003, 10:44
Hmmmmm, I would love to be all moralistic to this but i just dont know. It would depend on how much it was and whether it was like one criminal killing another i think. Im sure all these things would go through my head.

Give us a specific example and a price!! :)

Sociable
10-12-2003, 11:31
Give us a specific example and a price!! :)

Forget that, just give us the money and your secret will be safe with us. :naughty:

gazzae
10-12-2003, 11:35
I took a bribe once.

My sister paid me £10 lovely pounds, not to tell that I caught her smoking.

I brought £10 pounds worth of sweets and spend the next day throwing up. So Kronas, you're right, it will come back to haunt you. :D

Bifta
10-12-2003, 11:52
Well if it was with Avril I might be tempted.LOL But otherwise definately no way. :nono:

A night with that troll? People need to raise their standards a little ...

see attached.

Wolf
10-12-2003, 12:08
I'm all for bribes and deals. But if it involved actual harm to somebody then no. Actual harm not as in "somebody just stole from me" thats what insurance is for and we all know insurance companies are stealing from us.

Sociable
10-12-2003, 12:58
I'm all for bribes and deals. But if it involved actual harm to somebody then no. Actual harm not as in "somebody just stole from me" thats what insurance is for and we all know insurance companies are stealing from us.

I'm always amused by the "But it's covered by insurance" arguement. The reality is this simply means the person is stealing not just from the insurance company but every single person insured by them as they all end up paying increased premiums.

Sorry but this for me is a simple deffinition of what is ment by "a matter of principle". If the answer to the question posed is dependent on price then you can not claim you believe in the principle as principles don't have a price tag by definition.

There is an old story about a conversation with a very grand and pious woman being asked if she would make love for money and replying with an emphatic "NO"!

On then being asked if she would for £1,000, 000 she said, "Well yes maybe I would consider that". She was then asked "OK so would you do it for £5.00". She gets all ruffled and asks, "Do you think I'm a whore?" to which her questioner says, "I thought we had already established that and had simply started to negotiate the price" :)

Wolf
10-12-2003, 14:03
LOL! where she live?

kronas
10-12-2003, 19:33
I voted yes, but it depends how much and what for. I have been offered bribes by students to help write their courseworks, but I won't do that under any circumstances. Partly because I believe it is wrong (they are at Uni to learn, which they won't if they don't do the courseworK) and partly because although my job is to help students, if I help one student too much I could, in theory, lose my job. I would also lose my job if I did a coursework for a student.

i would expect better from you :nono: :p

certainly interesting to hear that people will actually take bribes i can safely say no one can buy me :p

Russ
10-12-2003, 19:36
A night with that troll? People need to raise their standards a little ...

see attached.

:rofl:

Sorry but that pic......lol

kronas
10-12-2003, 20:10
:rofl:

Sorry but that pic......lol

its not working not while im at 100% :rofl:

EDIT infact makes me want to post more on her :p

Paul
10-12-2003, 22:00
I'm quite happy to be bribed if the amount is right.

kronas
10-12-2003, 22:03
I'm quite happy to be bribed if the amount is right.

nice to see we live in an honest society :rolleyes:

imback
10-12-2003, 22:46

Well he was being honest ;)

I'd say 99% of people have their "price" a bribe is not always money you know.

kronas
10-12-2003, 22:57
Well he was being honest ;)

I'd say 99% of people have their "price" a bribe is not always money you know.

i did mean it in the financial sense.......

ill give you a packet of walkers if you take that post back :p

Paul
10-12-2003, 23:08
I live in a realistic society, not some "everyone is honest" fantasy land.

If someone decides to offer me £100,00 0 "not to see" something then I assure you I can become very blind.

farooq
10-12-2003, 23:56
wood depnd on the amont that it is 4 as me try 2 be gud bt me want 2 go 2 pakistan in apil 2 sea me uncle an he bye me a huse if me can bye me huse bye me own then me no in det 2 me uncle so is beta 4 allah

kronas
10-12-2003, 23:57
I live in a realistic society, not some "everyone is honest" fantasy land.

my post was sarcastic hence the usage of the smiley

If someone decides to offer me £100,00 0 "not to see" something then I assure you I can become very blind.

your choice......

Maggy
11-12-2003, 00:37
Never under ANY circumstances.To do so,is to leave you open to criminal proceedings,blackmail and if discovered losing any good name that you have plus the chance of losing a job and becoming unemployable.Who would want to employ someone discovered being on the bung?

Don't fool yourself that it can never be found out either.These things have a way of getting out into the public domain.Just ask any footballers,cricketers and other sportsman caught out in recent years.

Incog.

farooq
11-12-2003, 00:44
if me did it me move 2 pakistan wear me uncle is an me sty their wif him 4 me hole live they no cat me if me go pakistan qick

dieselking
11-12-2003, 01:03
I voted yes but it would depend on why the person was murdered in the first place. If the person murdered had done something terrible themselves then YES but if someone had just been killed for no reason then NO

Jerrek
12-12-2003, 01:21
It depends. I can be bought. No double about that. It may just be a high price. But yeah. I can be bought.